• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

TX - Store Owner & Armed Robber Shot In Exchange

Police say Joshua Nowland, 35, entered Randy's Fine Jewelers sometime around 9 a.m. Wednesday, saying he wanted to look at gold coins.

The store's owner, Randy Flatau, went to unlock the safe where he kept the coins. At the same time, Nowland pulled out a gun and told Flatau, his wife, and a customer that he was robbing the store, according to police reports.

A shootout ensued, and Police say they are not sure who shot first, but both Flatau and Nowland suffered gunshot wounds.

Flatau was shot in his leg, the bullet entering the front of his leg and exiting the back.

Nowland was shot four times in the arm and chest area. He stumbled out of the store's front door and fell on the sidewalk.

Flatau held Nowland at gunpoint until officers arrived. Flatau was treated and released from Christus St. Elizabeth Hospital on Wednesday evening, according to police.

Nowland, 35, is in critical but stable condition in the ICU at Christus St. Elizabeth Hospital.

He has been arraigned on charges of aggravated robbery. His bond has been set at $150,000.

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/n...aumont-jewelry-store-robbed-again-3545614.php

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/n...dy-s-Fine-Jewelers-robbery-in-ICU-3549528.php

Sad that the taxpayer now gets to foot this douchenozzle's medical bills. Jeweler was probably cognizant of that recent murder conviction of the Oklahoma pharmacist who came back from chasing the accomplices and shot/killed his assailant.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah 4 shots to the chest region at what I am assuming was close range and they guy lived? I wonder as well

sounds like not all four were %100 on target. reminds me of the dude that took what, 14? rounds center mass--AND SURVIVED. the human body can be extremely resilient. after the center mass he should have tried to follow up with a CNS shot but i am literally monday morning QBing this dude. the important thing is that he's alive.

sounds like not all four were %100 on target. reminds me of the dude that took what, 14? rounds center mass--AND SURVIVED. the human body can be extremely resilient. after the center mass he should have tried to follow up with a CNS shot but i am literally monday morning QBing this dude. the important thing is that he's alive.
I was thinking the same thing. There's a video out there of some riot where the police shot a protester square in the chest at least once and he keeps fighting and living for a long time before finally expiring.

Stark reminder that it's not like the movies and video games where you tap them once or twice and the threat is eliminated... A shot person can still harm you, so use your training and your head and ensure the situation is safe before lowering your guard.

Back
Top Bottom