TX - Security Guard (Off-Duty Cop) Shoots Armed Robber

Dolores Alvarado has managed Pronto Pawn Shop in the 1800 block of Southwest Military Drive for 20 years and said she's never been held up until this past week. It happened not once, but twice, in a six-day period.

Alvarado said the pawn shop was packed with Christmas shoppers on Thursday when a man suddenly walked in with a gun.

"I just said, 'Oh, not again,'" said Alvarado. "He just walked straight in, pointing a gun, telling everybody to get on the ground."

What the robber didn't see when he walked in, was a Sheriff's deputy who working security.....

http://www.ksat.com/news/26268104/detail.html

Wow.

At first, I thought, shot in the groin? What kind of shot is that? And from a cop?

Then I read that it was the same guy who robbed the place a few days prior--and who had returned to use a gun he'd stolen from the place!

Suddenly the groin shot makes perfect sense...

According to Alvarado, the robber is the same person that robbed the pawn shop a week ago. She said he was using a gun that was stolen from the store during that incident.

Talk about adding insult to injury.

At first, I thought, shot in the groin? What kind of shot is that? And from a cop?

Broken pelvises have a great track record when it comes to stopping gunfights.

I had heard of that--and forgot--about pelvis shots. [What can I say, I was in the Christmas spirit.] Besides, I thought it was aiming more for the hip? I guess anywhere in the region would do.

Nah, I'm just being a typical guy and thinking "groin" means one specific small location.

Back
Top Bottom