• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

TX Homeowner Shoots Mans Car for Turning Around in Driveway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he was defending his land and home?

Maybe the supposed lost fella was lying?

Maybe the homeowner was a recent victim of home burglary?

Maybe maybe.

Nope, sorry, video clearly shows the conversation is exactly as the victim stated. He drove into the guys driveway on accident. You can't threaten people like that just because you own a gun.

The home owner made the determination that it wasn't on accident, as he states in the video. That is fine, but doesn't give him carte blanch to threaten to kill the other party and then to shoot as the man drives off.

a**h*** gun owners like this are a stain on our community.

I hope he rots in prison for the max sentence.

Last edited:
First time I went to a nearby farm to buy eggs and poultry, gate wide open. A sign says"In Texas we shoot trespassers". Did wait 10 min until someone came by. They laughed their ass off, said the sign is to keep the riff-raff away and I was welcome to come by anytime.....

Doesn't surprise me. I see signs all the time in people driveways that say "no turn around." People get so bent about the strangest things. Hope his ego was worth 20 years in prison.

First time I went to a nearby farm to buy eggs and poultry, gate wide open. A sign says"In Texas we shoot trespassers". Did wait 10 min until someone came by. They laughed their ass off, said the sign is to keep the riff-raff away and I was welcome to come by anytime.....

Well, anytime after that then you are legally considered an "invited guest" as opposed to an unannounced random trespasser.

Doesn't surprise me. I see signs all the time in people driveways that say "no turn around." People get so bent about the strangest things. Hope his ego was worth 20 years in prison.
Buddy of mine like to keep things of his looking very clean. Nice house, yard, vehicles. All clean. Last year, he had his driveway done. 1st week, some a-hole turned around in his driveway and turned his wheels without moving, left two nasty tire rotation marks on his brand new driveway. Sticks out like a sore thumb. Lol.

I can hear the guy now.... "GIT OFF MUH LAWN!" [rofl]
Buddy of mine like to keep things of his looking very clean. Nice house, yard, vehicles. All clean. Last year, he had his driveway done. 1st week, some a-hole turned around in his driveway and turned his wheels without moving, left two nasty tire rotation marks on his brand new driveway. Sticks out like a sore thumb. Lol.

He probably should have put more obstructions in front of it, a few sawhorses, barrels and shit would have stopped that.

I can hear the guy now.... "GIT OFF MUH LAWN!" [rofl]

He probably should have put more obstructions in front of it, a few sawhorses, barrels and shit would have stopped that.

That would be too easy.

One of my neighbors about 1/4 mile down the streets daughters boyfriend always uses my driveway to turn around in his loud truck when he leaves. Dog goes apeshit every time. I should try this method.

Maybe he was defending his land and home?

Maybe the supposed lost fella was lying?

Maybe the homeowner was a recent victim of home burglary?

Maybe maybe.
Even if all this were true......the driver had it in reverse and was going to leave. I'd let him leave.....and write the plate number down. The driver didn't drive toward the home owner he was backing up.

Nope, sorry, video clearly shows the conversation is exactly as the victim stated. He drove into the guys driveway on accident. You can't threaten people like that just because you own a gun.

The home owner made the determination that it wasn't on accident, as he states in the video. That is fine, but doesn't give him carte blanch to threaten to kill the other party and then to shoot as the man drives off.

a**h*** gun owners like this are a stain on our community.

I hope he rots in prison for the max sentence.
I agree. Even in the case of the driver being in the driveway for "nefarious reasons"......the presence of the gun made the point......the driver was in reverse and was backing out.....not driving toward the homeowner. Just let him go.

This guy just earned some jail time.

My neighbor up the street is like this. LOL. OK, maybe not that bad.

The house across the street from him had this grossly inadequate driveway. So the guy who lived there would park in the street. Every morning, he'd have to 3-point-turn it to get out again (cul-de-sac). OR drive all the way down teh street and that seemed like a waste.

Anyhow, he'd use the edge of the neighbor's driveway to make a cleaner 3-point.

Neighbor mentions it to me at one point. "You mean he drives all the way up your driveway to turn around???" "No. Just, like 3'. But it's my driveway!" (Technically not since there is a sidewalk there. LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom