Two Weapons, a Chase, a Killing and No Charges: A 25-year-old man running through a Georgia neighborhood ended up dead

That 3rd guy, man, what a shafting he is taking. He must be sore from kicking himself in the ass. He needs to see that "Don't talk to the police" video.

What exactly did he do? Is there a story anyone has a link to? Or a quick run-down?

Actually, the first video he should have watched was the one about picking better friends.

That 3rd guy, man, what a shafting he is taking. He must be sore from kicking himself in the ass. He needs to see that "Don't talk to the police" video.

What exactly did he do? Is there a story anyone has a link to? Or a quick run-down?

He’s definitely taking a shafting, but he also blocked Arbery’s path of escape. His actions directly contributed to his death. It’s an (un?)fortunate side effect of murder cases where all involved can be charged with the murder regardless of actually having pulled the trigger. IANAL.
He also was only found guiltily on 4 of the 7 charges, so possible lighter sentence?

Mind your own business people. If you’re going to record, do it from afar. The other bubbas got what they deserved.

Nice! Thats 2 for 2 good verdicts Kenosha and Arbery.

How does this Arbery case differ than Trayvon Martin / Zimmerman? Both scenarios involved people who dont mind their own business. Both had a “suspicious person” who was not actively committing a crime. One had footage.

How does this Arbery case differ than Trayvon Martin / Zimmerman? Both scenarios involved people who dont mind their own business. Both had a “suspicious person” who was not actively committing a crime. One had footage.

Biggest to me would be the Injuries to Zimmerman's skull.

Zimmerman didn't chase Martin down with a gun. Zimmerman had a gun, but it wasn't displayed until Martin was beating the shit out of him.

So i agree a good verdict based on what I have seen. But i still want to know why was the deceased in that building multiple times.

The same reason Kyle was in Kenosha; doesn’t freaking matter.
One got chased and defended themselves, one got chased and killed. Either way, those doing the chasing all ‘found out’ in one manner or another.

I agree. But i was curious what the consensus was on his presence on the property.

We’ll never know. Casing the place to steal or just checking it out due to curiosity or anywhere in between.

Best case scenario for the McMichael gang would have been he was an armed robber. Unfortunately even then, they didn’t witness the crime. It wasn’t their property. And he wasn’t threatening them. Following him until the police arrived would have been fine. Chasing him down and trying to stop him by getting in his path while holding guns is the difference for which led to the shooting and their convictions.

Aubry was not sitting on top of any of those three banging their head into the sidewalk.

So i agree a good verdict based on what I have seen. But i still want to know why was the deceased in that building multiple times.

To steal shit. I doubt that was ever in question. That didn't matter though. These guys were not justified in running him down.
The only problems I have with that assumption is that he was there and had the opportunity but took nothing. And I'm one of those people who occasionally walked around a house under construction just to look around and see how things are done, was still doing this into my 30s so not just a kid thing.

They shouldn't have chased after him period. Should have gone back to making moonshine. Now they are going to take where the moon doesn't shine.
What the f*** were they thinking..

Between the ages of 8 and 40, I entered numerous under-construction homes, either with friends as a kid, or, solo as a kid (plus solo later in life, too). My wife and I even explored a few when we were dating and 1st married. Why? Just to check them out. And to smell the fresh wood smell. One of my favorite scents is "house being built, smell".

Over time, a few visits over days or weeks, you can see some real progress on the house. I find that sh*t fascinating. Always have.

To this day I point out to my family, houses that have had people living in them for decades, that I can remember as far back as the excavators clearing the lots and digging the foundation holes for them, in the 1970s. I entered those homes as soon as there was something to enter. At age 8-plus.....I rode my bike all over town, climbed into and out of foundations, entered framed houses, went up to 2nd floors as soon as safe-looking stairs were in, etc. Never stole a thing.

Today I can still show you every house that I did that to.

So why did he do it? Maybe he was "me".

He may very well be a victim of the disastrous "see something, say something" policies that killed innocent curiosity and true freedom of movement in this country......I used to walk freely in and out of every terminal at Logan, and take pictures of planes.....and took pictures of trains at North and South Stations, as well as pretty much the whole MBTA system.....try doing any of THAT today.....and zero sh*ts were given. With this case, it looks like a couple of good old boys decided to "see probably nothing, do something" instead of leaving this guy alone.

My bet is the guy was just checking out the progress on the house.

Last edited:
The only problems I have with that assumption is that he was there and had the opportunity but took nothing. And I'm one of those people who occasionally walked around a house under construction just to look around and see how things are done, was still doing this into my 30s so not just a kid thing.
I did it last week. Never seen a slab house poured before.

It was reported that he was suspended of stealing from a boat on that property on at least one occasion and to have stolen from that property prior to the cameras being installed. I am all for giving someone the benefit of the doubt, but when all the indicators are there it leaves very little room for doubt. Still doesn’t justify what happened to him.

I haven’t been following this case but why are there so many felony murder charges on each defendant?

Felony murder is a death resulting from a felony. They stack the charges so they have more opportunities to get a conviction on one. They could prove a number of felonies and since a death occurred, each was eligible for felony murder.

Felony murder is a life sentence in GA, no parole for at least 30 years. If Bryan doesn’t get that overturned, he’s likely to die in prison.

Felony murder is a death resulting from a felony. They stack the charges so they have more opportunities to get a conviction on one. They could prove a number of felonies and since a death occurred, each was eligible for felony murder.

Felony murder is a life sentence in GA, no parole for at least 30 years. If Bryan doesn’t get that overturned, he’s likely to die in prison.
Thank you for that explanation. Makes sense now. 👍

Ridiculous the third guy is going down too, I get it legally but it’s a travesty.

I agree with you and others. I think a reasonable sentence is 10-15, even that may be a bit strong. He’s looking at a minimum of 30 years before parole, the judge cannot sentence him to less.

The son is obviously the most culpable and he’s likely getting a sentence where he’ll never get out. He brought the gun, he drove the truck, he got out with the shotgun, he pulled the trigger. He made so many bad choices, hard to have sympathy for him. The father was there for all of it but didn’t pull the trigger.

I think the prosecution should have used their discretion and recognized Bryan was just a dumb guy who got involved in something in which he had no idea what was going on. He thought he was helping a neighbor stop a thief. It was a dumb idea but his intention wasn’t what happened. Also, without his video, I doubt any are ever convicted

Thank you for that explanation. Makes sense now. 👍

A lot of southern states have felony murder. It’s a very easy way for them to get a murder conviction since there are a ton of crimes which are felonies.

“According to Georgia state law, felony murder is when "in the commission of a felony, he or she causes the death of another human being irrespective of malice." For example, felony murder applies when someone who has no plans to kill intentionally commits another felony and a person dies as a result”

A mandatory life sentence and no parole for at least 30 years (judge can sentence higher than 30 for parole eligibility), is really steep for unintentionally causing a death.

One thing I’ve taken from this case that has surprised me greatly is how many people out there think it’s just cool to walk onto private property and enter a house under construction. I’ve been involved in building a lot of houses over the years And I can tell you that if we found you in one of the houses we were building you would have some explaining to do. Many many sites are ripped off While under construction and I would assume immediately if I caught someone in a house we were building that you were there to rob the place. It’s also wildly unsafe depending on the stage of development. Just not a good idea people, I wouldn’t suggest it.

The start of a good thing I hope. Now to start charging in the thousands of other examples where police and prosecutors covering up crimes.

I really want to see an equal justice system. Some low level govt worker gets real prison time for a few classified documents on his computer or his possession, Hillary has hundreds, maybe thousands and she gets a stern lecture. No one should be above the law.

One thing I’ve taken from this case that has surprised me greatly is how many people out there think it’s just cool to walk onto private property and enter a house under construction. I’ve been involved in building a lot of houses over the years And I can tell you that if we found you in one of the houses we were building you would have some explaining to do. Many many sites are ripped off While under construction and I would assume immediately if I caught someone in a house we were building that you were there to rob the place. It’s also wildly unsafe depending on the stage of development. Just not a good idea people, I wouldn’t suggest it.

A LOT of people walk through houses under construction, 99.999% of people are curious and often admire the work. Leaving tools at any unsecured location where it’s a house, business or your own house is just stupid. If there are signs no trespassing, people respect that.

Back
Top Bottom