Two Weapons, a Chase, a Killing and No Charges: A 25-year-old man running through a Georgia neighborhood ended up dead

I don’t think this guy has watched much of the trial, the civil arrest claim by the mcmichaels was extremely weak and Travis, the son was terrible on the stand. His answers were very damaging to the defense

The jury deliberated for 6 hours today and at 6pm they told the judge they were close to a verdict. That’s absolutely not good news for the defense. There is zero chance they get acquitted, their own hope is a hung jury. If they are close to a decision on day one, it’s to convict.

I think the father and son are toast. I do think Bryan has a chance to escape the murder charges and only get convicted of the assault charges. I don’t like the murder charge for Bryan, he was a bit player and really had no idea what he was involved it. I don’t think being stupid in a situation like this warrants a life in prison sentence
What's worse is that, for a former police officer, he seems to have a poor understanding of what probable cause is. He keeps claiming there was probable cause Arbery committed a burglary. Burglary, under GA law required showing a person unlawfully entered a dwelling (occupied or unoccupied) with the intent to commit a felony. If his intent was to commit a larceny, the property value must be above $1,500 for it to be a felony. If he left the property without taking anything, how do you prove intent? It would appear that Arbery only committed a trespassing offense, and the McMichaels had no reasonable belief otherwise based on their observations. If they are trying to rely on prior suspected burglaries, again they have insufficient basis.

Officer Tatum kind of pisses me off with his take on this one. I was hoping that he knew something that I didn't know because otherwise it seems he is intentionally ignoring basic facts to support his narrative. This pisses me off because this would call into question the truthfulness of everything else he spoke about.

Not sure if serious, OJs case was so bad that I would have dismissed even though I knew he did it. The state failed in a pretty horrendous way. They failed in such a way that anyone
who wasn't retarded would have given him "reasonable doubt".

There were certainly many errors in the crime scene evidence collection and the prosecution team was beyond incompetent. But those issues were not the reason he walked, he was never getting convicted from the day they moved the trial from Santa Monica to downtown LA. That change of demographics allowed a race baiter like jonnie Cochran to weave his tale. It was also a few years after the Rodney king trial and the riots which followed.. Blacks in downtown LA looked at letting OJ walk, a way of getting back and whites in LA.

If the prosecution were good lawyers and the jury pool from Santa Monica or another location with normal people, I absolutely think he would have been found guilty.

The judge, lance ito was a moron too. He allowed that trial to become a farce and he Magdeburg a lot of legal errors. After that case he was removed from criminal cases and I don’t think they ever allowed him to hear another.

What's worse is that, for a former police officer, he seems to have a poor understanding of what probable cause is. He keeps claiming there was probable cause Arbery committed a burglary. Burglary, under GA law required showing a person unlawfully entered a dwelling (occupied or unoccupied) with the intent to commit a felony. If his intent was to commit a larceny, the property value must be above $1,500 for it to be a felony. If he left the property without taking anything, how do you prove intent? It would appear that Arbery only committed a trespassing offense, and the McMichaels had no reasonable belief otherwise based on their observations. If they are trying to rely on prior suspected burglaries, again they have insufficient basis.

Officer Tatum kind of pisses me off with his take on this one. I was hoping that he knew something that I didn't know because otherwise it seems he is intentionally ignoring basic facts to support his narrative. This pisses me off because this would call into question the truthfulness of everything else he spoke about.

I doubt the father and son had any idea about the citizens arrest law and the required elements, the lawyers came up with this defense because they had no other options.

This case is one of the best examples of why people should mind their own business and not put yourself in a situation like this. If those 2 called the cops and maybe followed at a distance, we would never know their names. It’s not even their house under construction and they are not close to the homeowner.

The videos in the Rittenhouse trial definitely helped Kyle, his claims of self defense were clearly illustrated on those videos. The video here is very damaging to the defense and impossible to explain away. And Kyle was smart to shut up and ask for a lawyer, the Mcmichaels talked A LOT. You’d think a former cop and the son with his coastguard experience would know enough to shut up but they didn’t. I’m sure they thought their connections to the police and DA would fix this which it did for several months.

The corrupt DA is facing charges resulting from this too.

I didn’t realize the video was leaked by the 3rd defendant himself. No charges were brought until he did it, for 10 weeks. What a fu€king dumb ass.

The Indictments:

Son/Shooter
1 Malice murder - Guilty
2 Felony Murder - Guilty
3 Felony Murder - Guilty
4 Felony Murder - Guilty
5 Felony Murder - Guilty
6 Aggravated Assault - Guilty
7 Assault - Guilty
8 False Imprisonment - Guilty
9 Criminal Attempt to commit a felony - Guilty

Father
1 Not Guilty
2 Guilty
3 Guilty
4 Guilty
5 Guilty
6 Guilty
7 Guilty
8 Guilty
9 Guilty

3rd/Videographer/911 caller

1 Not Guilty
2 Not Guilty
3 Guilty
4 Guilty
5 Guilty
6 Not Guilty
7 Guilty
8 Guilty
9 Guilty

Last edited:
Good justice...

U3HCUIZHSFDNFNIELIANPHIPTM.JPG

Last edited:
Their case was badly damaged by the fact that the victim was not committing a crime at the time of the chase. Was the victim casing the neighborhood? Perhaps but that will never be known. You can't involve yourself in a situation where somebody ends up murdered because you think he was up to no good. The only question I had regarding this would be the severity of the charges. And I do agree the third guy really got shafted over his involvement.

I knew they would get him for boxing him in with his car and chasing him down
Yep. I didn't follow the case closely enough to know what the prosecution was able to prove about his intent and what he thought was going to happen. But it's hard to believe he expected the McMichaels pair to be unarmed. I would have assumed they would try to hold Arbery at gunpoint, and that's just generically about anybody who would even try to confront and detain a fleeing suspect in a situation and place like that.

That 3rd guy, man, what a shafting he is taking. He must be sore from kicking himself in the ass. He needs to see that "Don't talk to the police" video.

What exactly did he do? Is there a story anyone has a link to? Or a quick run-down?

That 3rd guy, man, what a shafting he is taking. He must be sore from kicking himself in the ass. He needs to see that "Don't talk to the police" video.

What exactly did he do? Is there a story anyone has a link to? Or a quick run-down?
Compounded his error by hiring the most unlikable attorney in GA. This is the "can we not have anymore black pastors?" guy.

Somebody knows better than I do, but I thought I heard that prior to the deadly encounter, they were chasing him down and actually may have hit him with the truck.

A lot of the lawyers on Nate the Lawyers channel were saying to the prosecutor "shut up you made your case, now you're just adding beyond a doubt to it". But I expected a guilty verdict. Arberry never stole or removed anything, never accused of stealing or removing anything and just because he was trespassing doesn't equate to a death sentence.

Somebody knows better than I do, but I thought I heard that prior to the deadly encounter, they were chasing him down and actually may have hit him with the truck.

I don't believe they did but they said they were going to do it while they were on the phone with a 911 operator so it was all recorded for all time. I bet these guys wished they had stayed at home and minded their own business.

Back
Top Bottom