Two Weapons, a Chase, a Killing and No Charges: A 25-year-old man running through a Georgia neighborhood ended up dead

Just curious - "other guy is ex police". That matters why, exactly? Do ex police officers have special powers to make arrests? Do you hold them in higher regard? "Stop, I'm ex police!" carries more authority? Actually, many still are Special Police, and do details, and carry a badge.

Um, you missed the part where they hit him with the vehicle before they got out with the guns. That was the first instance of assault with a deadly weapon. The police are known to feel well justified in shooting people dead for even attempting such an assault, never mind actually hitting someone with a car. At that point he probably got pretty desperate. The vehicle was stopped in the roadway facing away, ahead of him while he continued to run towards them. The passenger already out of the vehicle on the drivers side. He then ran at the passenger.

Do you stop all the joggers in your neighborhood who you don't know to ask if they are lost? If I happened to see them in a home under construction, I would. As they did. To ask why.

I'm not sure we know that he didn't stop. And then they said what? "Gee, trust us, get in this car while we point guns at you and we're going to take you to the police for something we think you did last week even though we've never seen you before" Would you get in? You trust them? I grew up in an area in the South that doesn't have nearly the reputation this area does, and if I were Black, no way, no how, am I going to listen to them. Run like hell. Assumptions and red herring, not worthy of counter argument and counter to human nature and their statements.

So I’m a retired brick mason. My past training in laying brick is now irrelevant when laying a new set of brick steps and walkway. Ok. I got it.
There is simply no rational way to equate these two.

As a cop he had the authority to stop a suspect and investigate, as an ex cop he does not, he's just like you and me when it come to this situation.

There is simply no rational way to equate these two.

As a cop he had the authority to stop a suspect and investigate, as an ex cop he does not, he's just like you and me when it come to this situation.
Now your twisting yourself up trying to make your point You said his training was irrelevant. Now your saying his authority is. Which is it.

Why can't they both be?

Exactly. They both are.

If these guys try to claim their POLICE TRAININ' made it absolutely necessary for them to jock up and then go after a jogger, they'll be rightly laughed out of court. What a farce. I was in the Army once; it doesn't mean I have to right to set up TCPs and seize airfields now that I'm out. "But I'm trained to do that!!!!" Lol.

Besides. What's the other guy's excuse?

The most laughable thing I've read in here today involves the notion that a pair of armed men in a truck somehow faced off on equal terms with a dude in running shorts, and that the runner dude somehow "escalated." The mental gymnastics in this thread remain amazing to me.

Because his training shows relevance as to why he pursued Arbery. Whether or not he had the authority to pursue and attempt a citizens arrest will be argued in court. Two different things.

If you're implying the man cannot comprehend why his former training doesn't give him a lifetime pass to infringe on other peoples' rights, then he truly needs to be in jail. He's a threat to the liberty of everyone around him. No?

If these guys try to claim their POLICE TRAININ' made it absolutely necessary for them to jock up and then go after a jogger, they'll be rightly laughed out of court. What a farce. I was in the Army once; it doesn't mean I have to right to set up TCPs and seize airfields now that I'm out. "But I'm trained to do that!!!!" Lol.
Jesus now you’re really reaching. Seizing airfields [rofl] Why the F can’t you just admit whatever training you did receive in the Army makes you more credible and capable than someone who hasn’t. That was my only point. People banging away in disbelief why they pursued for however many blocks. That’s what cops do. Current or retired. Right or wrong they are trained to pursue people. It’s not such an unbelievable thing to think.

If you're implying the man cannot comprehend why his former training doesn't give him a lifetime pass to infringe on other peoples' rights,
I didn’t imply that. Your moving the goalposts trying to prove your right

Jesus now you’re really reaching. Seizing airfields [rofl] Why the F can’t you just admit whatever training you did receive in the Army makes you more credible and capable than someone who hasn’t. That was my only point. People banging away in disbelief why they pursued for however many blocks. That’s what cops do. Current or retired. Right or wrong they are trained to pursue people. It’s not such an unbelievable thing to think.

I didn’t imply that. Your moving the goalposts trying to prove your right

Sorry, but you're wrong.

Your implication is that this guy's former cop training somehow makes him uniquely qualified to arm himself and drive after citizens whom he's seen commit no crime. I think that's absolutely repugnant from him (if you're right) and from you (if you're not).

Have you totaly missed it, its been said more than once. It doesn't matter WHY they did it.

Have you totaly missed it, its been said more than once. It doesn't matter WHY they did it.
If why they pursued doesn't matter then I guess you cant say their doing so was illegal or an infringement of rights. if that's the case lets just skip that part and go right to the guy got shot when he aggressively tried to take the shotgun away from the other guy. Self defense

People banging away in disbelief why they pursued for however many blocks. That’s what cops do. Current or retired. Right or wrong they are trained to pursue people. It’s not such an unbelievable thing to think.
Yeah, pursue him. Call 911 and follow him. But hit him with your truck? Total bullshit.

Yeah, pursue him. Call 911 and follow him. But hit him with your truck? Total bullshit.
I agree. I wouldn't even bother today. Mind my own damn business..like i said before these guys should have never crossed paths. All kinds of dumb on both sides. But I stand by my original opinion. These guys never intended to murder him. No way. Arbery was a shit bag and he knew it. He wasn't trying to not get shot, he was trying to not get caught.

Last edited:
If why they pursued doesn't matter then I guess you cant say their doing so was illegal or an infringement of rights. if that's the case lets just skip that part and go right to the guy got shot when he aggressively tried to take the shotgun away from the other guy. Self defense
1d10t

That's a pretty slippery slope towards vigilante justice. In this case, the alleged crime is virtually non existent. He was seen at home under construction. Was he running away with a sink? A roll of copper wire? Nope.
His actions did not warrant an armed confrontation, and if the roles were reversed in rural Georgia, two black guys ran down a white guy, they would be facing murder charges.
These two good ole boys were not charged because dad was a retired LEO, likely knows the responding officers and the Chief or Sheriff.
They are going to lose big in the wrongful death suit.

That's a pretty slippery slope towards vigilante justice. In this case, the alleged crime is virtually non existent. He was seen at home under construction. Was he running away with a sink? A roll of copper wire? Nope.
His actions did not warrant an armed confrontation, and if the roles were reversed in rural Georgia, two black guys ran down a white guy, they would be facing murder charges.
These two good ole boys were not charged because dad was a retired LEO, likely knows the responding officers and the Chief or Sheriff.
They are going to lose big in the wrongful death suit.
Forget the whole race thing. Unless joe dirt was wearing a pointy hat and waving a confederate flag it means nothing to me. Now there was talk about some racial text messages but show me one person black or white that hasn’t said something intolerant at some point in their lives. Pick through Arberys past and I’m sure you can find the same. That all remains to be seen. And I just don’t see it as an armed confrontation until the idiot with a guilty conscience who was trying to not get caught tried to take the gun away from him.

And I just don’t see it as an armed confrontation until the idiot with a guilty conscience who was trying to not get caught tried to take the gun away from him.
Oh my god.

It was an armed confrontation as soon as the armed men confronted him... You're amazing.

Oh my god.

It was an armed confrontation as soon as the armed men confronted him... You're amazing.
Your opinion. And it doesn’t mean shit to me. For a guy who said he should shut his mouth you certainly don’t take your own advice. Give it up pal. You’re not convincing me.

Remember how some of the same crew said Drejka was defending himself when he played parking lot police and shot Mcglockton dead and then he landed himself in jail for 20 years?

Yeah. If you think this is going to be different you're in for a rude awakening.

That all remains to be seen. And I just don’t see it as an armed confrontation until the idiot with a guilty conscience who was trying to not get caught tried to take the gun away from him.
It was an armed confrontation the moment Bubba hit him with his truck. That is a dangerous weapon by any standard.
In my book, you hit me with a vehicle intentionally and I begin to defend myself. If you do it to a cop, they will shoot you. And there is not a court in the land that will convict.

It was an armed confrontation the moment Bubba hit him with his truck. That is a dangerous weapon by any standard.
In my book, you hit me with a vehicle intentionally and I begin to defend myself. If you do it to a cop, they will shoot you. And there is not a court in the land that will convict.
Where is the video that shows them hitting him with the truck.

Forget the whole race thing. Unless joe dirt was wearing a pointy hat and waving a confederate flag it means nothing to me. Now there was talk about some racial text messages but show me one person black or white that hasn’t said something intolerant at some point in their lives. Pick through Arberys past and I’m sure you can find the same. That all remains to be seen. And I just don’t see it as an armed confrontation until the idiot with a guilty conscience who was trying to not get caught tried to take the gun away from him.

No it is an armed confrontation when the guys who pursued Arbery blocked his exit with their vehicle and pulled a gun on him. Personally I find the actions of the two guys in the truck idiotic.

No it is an armed confrontation when the guys who pursued Arbery blocked his exit with their vehicle and pulled a gun on him. Personally I find the actions of the two guys in the truck idiotic.
Where is the video that shows that. I mean I've watched the video from a dozen different sites. It's the same video every time and I dont see where the guy is blocked or out of options where he could have run. He ran right at them. You expect me to believe a 25 year old guy who runs routinely couldn't get away from a fat out of shape old retired cop. I also didn't see the guy get out of the truck and point a gun at him. All I saw was a struggle for the weapon and the guy gets shot.

Last edited:
Where is the video that shows that. I mean I've watched the video from a dozen different sites. It's the same video every time and I dont see where the guy is blocked or out of options where he could have run. He ran right at them. You expect me to believe a 25 year old guy who runs routinely couldn't get away from a fat out of shape old retired cop. I also didn't see the guy get out of the truck and point a gun at him. All I saw was a struggle for the weapon and the guy gets shot.
You mean the video that shows them chasing him down in two trucks for the second time? The video where Arbery runs around the passenger side of the truck to avoid McMichael who exited from the driver's side and still has the door open... who then proceeds around the front of his truck with the shotgun (not sure how you conceal that in a t-shirt) to try and stop Arbery. It's in the police report that they tried to stop and block him in a few minutes prior on a different street but he ran past them.

They were concerned that he was armed because on a previous night when they observed Arbery or someone who looked like him he had "motioned to his pants" leading McMichael to believe he may have been armed. So McMichael and his son decided after observing Arbery in the house to go BACK into their own home and grab their firearms.

You mean the video that shows them chasing him down in two trucks for the second time? The video where Arbery runs around the passenger side of the truck to avoid McMichael who exited from the driver's side and still has the door open... who then proceeds around the front of his truck with the shotgun (not sure how you conceal that in a t-shirt) to try and stop Arbery. It's in the police report that they tried to stop and block him in a few minutes prior on a different street but he ran past them.

They were concerned that he was armed because on a previous night when they observed Arbery or someone who looked like him he had "motioned to his pants" leading McMichael to believe he may have been armed. So McMichael and his son decided after observing Arbery in the house to go BACK into their own home and grab their firearms.
Can you link that second video. I cant seem to find it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom