• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Two Thumbs Up for Dark Horse Gunsmithing

Earlier this week I was looking for a gunsmith in my area who could install a muzzle brake on my M&P 15. I called a couple places nearby... one told me they couldn't help me, and the other told me they can do it but it wouldn't be ready for 5 or 6 weeks. Eventually I asked here on the forums, and several people suggested Dark Horse Gunsmithing in South Hadley. James from DH even replied to the thread, so I decided to give them a shot.

I stopped by Wednesday night to drop off the rifle. James and his partner (sorry, didn't catch his name) were both friendly and professional. They quoted me a price for the installation, and even offered to chop the barrel to bring the overall length with the new brake to 16". Perfect!

They've got a cool online tracking system to keep you updated on the progress of the job. This morning I got an e-mail notification from the tracking system letting me know the job was done - not even 3 full days after I brought it in. I picked it up this afternoon, and I am very pleased with the work they did!

I hadn't heard of Dark Horse Gunsmithing before I asked here on the forums, but I will definitely be doing more business with them in the future. I highly recommend them for anyone in the South Hadley area that needs any work done.

Bump on an old thread.
A+ for them. Very helpful guys, attached my muzzle device with the "evil" method silver solder while I waited. They understood a 2hour drive with a baby is rough to leave it the for a quick job.
Work was done quick and professionally. I WILL be using them again.

They did a trigger job on my Shield and also some AR work for me. Great guys and great work! Going to be dropping my M&P 45 soon for the trigger.

Why Most of the good places not really near Boston? Always 2 hours drive :). Looking to do the muzzle break too. Can it be done in 1 day without coming back?

I would call ahead or pm him on here first. I told him my situation and he worked with me unlike some others. Pin and weld might have to leave it there but contact him first.

does anyone know how much Dark Horse usually charges to silver solder or pin and weld a muzzle brake on an AR?

Thanks

They are doing a transfer for me when it comes in and while I'm there I'm hoping to get them to do a brake for me too. Seem like great guys from the conversations I've had with them so far...

good to know, i think i will contact them. i need a transfer and don't want to drive out east to do it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dropped off my PSA upper and a muzzle brake this afternoon to be installed and silver soldered. The other two places that I was considering to pin and weld the brake recommended Dark Horse so I thought it was worth a shot. Remsport still wasn't doing any gunsmithing and 1776 is an hour further away.

Back
Top Bottom