Two things to brighten up a Friday

dwarven1

Lonely Mountain Arms
OK, so this morning I saw what (at the time) I thought was the funniest thing I'd ever seen - hanging from under the trailer hitch of a Ford F150 was a scrotum, complete with balls. Couldn't help but laugh out loud as I'm driving.

But I just got back from one of my buildings, and saw this news headline on the elevator video feed:

Public in key Muslim states losing confidence in bin Laden: survey

I mean, REALLY! Who commissions these goofy surveys, anyway?? Guess bin Laden is going to have trouble in the next elections for Head Islamic Nutjob!

Here's the rest of the article:

WASHINGTON (AFP) -
Osama bin Laden is losing public confidence in several key Islamic countries, while growing numbers of Muslims are sharing Western concerns over extremism, a new survey found.

Support for suicide bombings and other acts of violence has also declined significantly in most Muslim-majority countries surveyed in the 17-nation report by the Washington-based Pew Institute.

In Morocco, 26 percent of people have confidence in bin Laden, according to the survey, down from 49 percent two years ago. The latest survey was conducted in May, before last week's bombings in London.

The Al-Qaeda leader's rating also dipped sharply in the world's most populous Muslim-majority nation, Indonesia, where only 35 percent said they had a lot or some confidence in him, down from 58 percent two years ago.

In Jordan, bin Laden's confidence rating rose slightly, up to 60 percent, from 55 percent two years ago, and 51 percent of Pakistanis surveyed registered confidence in him, up from 45 percent four years ago.

Support for suicide bombings is also on the wane in most Muslim-majority countries surveyed.

In Lebanon, 39 percent said the tactic was sometimes or often justified, compared with 73 percent in summer 2002. In Pakistan, the figure was 25 percent versus 33 percent. In Morocco, 13 percent said suicide bombing was justified, compared with 40 percent in March 2004.

The latter figure may have been influenced by continuing fallout from bombings in Casablanca on May 16, 2003 in which 45 people died.

Jordan bucked the trend again: 57 percent of those surveyed said suicide bombing was justified, compared with 43 percent three years ago.

Concern over Islamic extremism is also prevalent in several Muslim-majority countries, according to the survey: 73 percent of Moroccans believe it is a threat, along with 52 percent of Pakistanis and 47 percent of Turks.

Outside the Muslim world, concern about Islamic extremism is also running high, according to the Pew report, especially in nations which have experienced attacks blamed on Islamic radicals.

Fifty-two percent of Russians, 48 percent of people in India, 43 percent of Spaniards and 35 percent of Germans said they were very concerned about Islamic extremism in their country.

The latest survey conducted by the Pew Global Attitudes Project was conducted among 17 nations, with over 17,700 interviews, in May 2005. Pew conducts regular assessments to gauge attitudes worldwide on issues like globalisation, trade democracy and other issues.

After the September 11 attacks in 2001, the scope of the survey was expanded to include terrorism.

The poll came out on the day a prominent US Muslim group issued a television public service announcement, stressing they would not allow extremist to hijack their faith.

Stung by criticisms that Islamic leaders have not done enough to condemn the London blasts blamed by police on British Muslims, the Council on American-Islamic Relations sent the spot to television stations across the United States.

"Islam is not about hatred and violence; it is about peace and justice," says one of the featured speakers on the spot.

"Defeating terrorism is in everyone's interest. That is why we are launching one more effort to make the Muslim community's condemnation of terrorism crystal clear," said CAIR Board Chairman Parvez Ahmed.

dwarven1 said:
OK, so this morning I saw what (at the time) I thought was the funniest thing I'd ever seen - hanging from under the trailer hitch of a Ford F150 was a scrotum, complete with balls. Couldn't help but laugh out loud as I'm driving.

Ok, where can I find me one of those. I have my buddies truck and would love to put one of those on there before I give it back.

C-pher said:
dwarven1 said:

Ok, where can I find me one of those. I have my buddies truck and would love to put one of those on there before I give it back.

If you google for "truck scrotum" you get this link: http://www.nutsfortrucks.com/

Which really blows my mind that the search actually WORKED! Look at the site... but I wouldn't be drinking anything while you do.

Ross

OK if you go to that site (you know you want to) make sure you look at the "nutty pictures" The one with the horsey was my favorite.
LMAO

[lol] [lol] [lol]

071.gif

That's the best thing I've seen all day. I had to show some guys at work because they wanted to know what I was laughing at.

Back
Top Bottom