• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Two target shooting near Manchester, NH arrested, charged w/ Felony Reckless Conduct'

I read that they hit cars and buildings. That changes things really quick.

According to tweets by NH1, the Poultry products company building and cars in the parking lot were hit with bullets.

The car these guys used was found at this substation: https://www.google.com/maps/@43.0198269,-71.4945958,453m/data=!3m1!1e3

But Poultry products is located here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/P...2!3m1!1s0x89e245e2bb1185c5:0xf062b60f291b99a4

The only way for rounds to hit poultry products is if 293 was downrange from the targets these to guys were shooting at.

If they were in Hooksett then they were not within city limits, further the law reads "compact part" If they were in a wooded area I don't think it can be considered compact part which is likely why they only have reckless conduct charges.

Here is the law they were charged with:
631:3 Reckless Conduct. –
I. A person is guilty of reckless conduct if he recklessly engages in conduct which places or may place another in danger of serious bodily injury.
II. Reckless conduct is a class B felony if the person uses a deadly weapon as defined in RSA 625:11, V. All other reckless conduct is a misdemeanor.
III. A person convicted of a class B felony offense under this section shall not be subject to the provisions of RSA 651:2, II-g.

Shooting along a power line ROW is legal (though if you want to shoot there continually it is helpful to get landowner permission) but you had best either setup a berm or use a natural one (like an incline on the ROW).

While not one of the three primary rules, it is still a very important one:

Know your target and what is beyond.
Be absolutely sure you have identified your target beyond any doubt. Equally important, be aware of the area beyond your target. This means observing your prospective area of fire before you shoot. Never fire in a direction in which there are people or any other potential for mishap. Think first. Shoot second.

Based upon what has been reported, these guys sound like class A morons.

I do want to point out though, that the reckless conduct law NH has is quite open to interpretation.

Also, some definitions for the word "recklessly:"

626:2 General Requirements of Culpability. –
I. A person is guilty of murder, a felony, or a misdemeanor only if he acts purposely, knowingly, recklessly or negligently, as the law may require, with respect to each material element of the offense. He may be guilty of a violation without regard to such culpability. When the law defining an offense prescribes the kind of culpability that is sufficient for its commission, without distinguishing among the material elements thereof, such culpability shall apply to all the material elements, unless a contrary purpose plainly appears.
II. The following are culpable mental states:
(a) "Purposely.'' A person acts purposely with respect to a material element of an offense when his conscious object is to cause the result or engage in the conduct that comprises the element.
(b) "Knowingly.'' A person acts knowingly with respect to conduct or to a circumstance that is a material element of an offense when he is aware that his conduct is of such nature or that such circumstances exist.
(c) "Recklessly.'' A person acts recklessly with respect to a material element of an offense when he is aware of and consciously disregards a substantial and unjustifiable risk that the material element exists or will result from his conduct. The risk must be of such a nature and degree that, considering the circumstances known to him, its disregard constitutes a gross deviation from the conduct that a law-abiding person would observe in the situation. A person who creates such a risk but is unaware thereof solely by reason of having voluntarily engaged in intoxication or hypnosis also acts recklessly with respect thereto.
(d) "Negligently.'' A person acts negligently with respect to a material element of an offense when he fails to become aware of a substantial and unjustifiable risk that the material element exists or will result from his conduct. The risk must be of such a nature and degree that his failure to become aware of it constitutes a gross deviation from the conduct that a reasonable person would observe in the situation.
III. When the law provides that negligence suffices to establish an element of an offense, such element is also established if the person acts purposely, knowingly or recklessly. When recklessness suffices, the element is also established if the person acts purposely or knowingly. When acting knowingly suffices, the element is also established if a person acts purposely.
IV. A requirement that an offense be committed wilfully is satisfied if the person acts knowingly with respect to the material elements of the offense, unless a purpose to impose further requirements appears.
V. Neither knowledge nor recklessness nor negligence as to whether conduct constitutes an offense or as to the existence or meaning of the law defining the offense is an element of such offense, unless the law so provides.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/lxii/626/626-2.htm

If its true that cars and houses were hit by rounds fired by these guys, then I don't feel bad. We as shooters are supposed to be sure of our backstop. In NH people that speed get arrested weekly, so why would I be upset when people who fired guns and hit houses and buildings in NH are arrested ? . In Ma its almost impossible to get arrested for speeding and have the charge stick. In NH it seems like a weekly event.

In NH our house was broken into, after 8 months we were contacted by the Sheriffs and State Police, they caught the people and wanted to know if we would be ok with an 18 an 18 month sentence for the involved parties, that's 18 months to serve. In Ma when our place was broken into they asked if we would accept no jail time and restitution for the stolen /damaged property. I love NH, but NH can be far more stringent then mass regardless of the offense.

According to tweets by NH1, the Poultry products company building and cars in the parking lot were hit with bullets.

The car these guys used was found at this substation: https://www.google.com/maps/@43.0198269,-71.4945958,453m/data=!3m1!1e3

But Poultry products is located here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/P...2!3m1!1s0x89e245e2bb1185c5:0xf062b60f291b99a4

So that means they would have had to shoot ACROSS 293 and Hackett Hill road? That can't be right.

So that means they would have had to shoot ACROSS 293 and Hackett Hill road? That can't be right.

There is a spot along the ROW where they could have if they were dumb and shooting across the ROW instead of down it. They also would have had to walk about mile down the ROW from where what appears to be their car was found at that substation on Dunbarton Road.

Here is the NH1 News on scene video from earlier today.

http://www.nh1.com/videos/breaking-news-coverage-of-active-shooting-scene-in-hooksett/

Listening to that report, It is more of over the reactive and conditioning response, that the police use to validate their ability to control people and have the sheep thank them for it.

HEY! The police have dangerous jobs and we need to respect, honor, and thank them when they over react to keep us safe. I mean, these guys had GUNS, the police should have probably just shot them instead of arresting them, they should be grateful.

HEY! The police have dangerous jobs and we need to respect, honor, and thank them when they over react to keep us safe. I mean, these guys had GUNS, the police should have probably just shot them instead of arresting them, they should be grateful.

And, no dogs were shot! What more could we possibly ask for? (My expectations are rather low.)

Police party. They got to bring out the Bearcat.

Two suspects, once convicted, will never be able to legally acquire firearms again. Stupidity problem solved.

Last edited:
The smoking gun here is the "bullets hitting and bouncing" , where are the hits?

Fifty people work in a nearby building, Poultry Products Northeast. Managers asked employees to stay indoors and away from windows after rifle rounds started to ricochet off cars and the side of the facility. None of the employees were injured.

If the bullets hit the building, where are the hits ?
If bullets ricochet of cars, there should be very clear marks, these types of hits are very easy to show in a news report, and unless all the vehicles were impounded as evidence, I'm sure the cameraman would have taken some nice shots of them.

I'm not sold on this story.

I'm not sold on anything I hear in the media. Especially when it involves guns. IF these two were being that reckless, that buildings and cars were getting hit, well, PSGWSP. -IF-.

My guess is the noise is all they have on these guys and all the other fluff ricochet's and collateral property damage was thrown in for effect.

My guess is the noise is all they have on these guys and all the other fluff ricochet's and collateral property damage was thrown in for effect.

I don't know - they're both young kids, and young people are capable of some pretty stunning displays of stupidity. I just want to see more reports from more sources that give a better idea of what really happened. Media does an outstanding job of portraying things wrong, especially when GUNS (ohs shit oh dear, shelter in place, there's guns in America!) are involved.

Back
Top Bottom