Two scumbags busted today!

groundscrapers

NES Member
How low of a person must you be to do this..

http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2010/03/montague_brothers_mark_and_sta.html
AMHERST – Police arrested two Montague brothers – the sons of a decorated war veteran – early Tuesday in connection with the theft of several dozen brass plaques from the graves of veterans at area cemeteries.

After an investigation involving police in Amherst, Montague, Greenfield and the state police, officials arrested brothers Mark E. Kuklewicz, 32, of 26 Lake Pleasant Road of the Lake Pleasant section of Montague, and Stanley P. Kuklewicz, 37, of 38 Main St., of the Millers Falls section of Montague. Each was charged with larceny of more than $250 and larceny from a grave.

They were scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday afternoon in Eastern Hampshire District Court, Amherst police Lt. Ronald A. Young said. Details of their arraignment were not immediately available.

According to an obituary, the brothers’ father was a decorated war veteran. Mark E. Kuklewicz, 63, of 26 Lake Pleasant Road, died Oct. 30 of last year. He served with the U.S. Navy aboard the U.S.S. America during the Vietnam War and was awarded the Republic of Vietnam Service Medal and received a Navy Unit Commendation.

At the time the thefts were discovered, police said they believed the medallions were being stolen to sell as scrap metal.

Police recovered 74 of the missing plaques, Young said. He said the investigation is continuing, and area law enforcement agencies are working together to locate additional missing plaques so that they can be returned to their proper graves.

The investigation began on Feb. 8 when caretakers at the North Amherst Cemetery on East Pleasant Street noticed that dozens of plaques had been taken from the graves of veterans.

Similar thefts have been reported at cemeteries in Amherst, Sunderland, Hadley and Turners Falls section of Montague.

Ronald D. Lashway, who owns Douglass Funeral Home, and who offered a reward for information leading to an arrest in the thefts, declined comment Tuesday. He said he needed more information from police. Among the graves that were vandalized, he has said, were those of his brother and brother-in-law.

[puke]!I need to go up to Holyoke and claim my Great-Grandfathers WWI marker before it gets snagged. WTF

Slimeballs probably won't even serve any jail time. I'm glad I'm not a Judge. They would be given the choice 20 years serving the Country or 20 years in BITA Federal Prison.

Back
Top Bottom