Two people, one with MA LTC, one from NH with nothing go to MA range

Should be no issue as long as NH person keeps the modern normal capacity magazines at home? Of course it is risky to apply logic to MA laws

Driving in same vehicle. Firearms locked in range bags. NH person bringing firearms as well as MA person

Would everything be legal under that MA LTC?

Last edited:
Driving in same vehicle. Firearms locked in range bags. NH person bringing firearms as well as MA person

Would everything be legal under that MA LTC?
MA person must accompany the NH person's guns at all times while south o' the border.
Meeting up to carpool in Tyngsboro is not close enough for government work.

Probably Massprudent to not use the NH person's vehicle,
so that if they leave the car for a meal or something,
they're not open to accusations that the guns are in the NH person's possession.

But ought to suffice for MA resident to hold NH guy's car keys
while parked anywhere off club grounds - oughtn't it?

Variation on the above question if anyone is still checking this thread: I live in Mass and have an LTC class A. My brother is a NH resident, no firearms license but not needed in NH for bolt guns of which he has two - both with 5 round capacity mags. Can he legally drive from NH to meet me at my range here in MA with his bolt guns (locked, in trunk)?
thanks in advance for any replies -

Is possessing a firearm in MA without a license illegal? Most cops agree that it is,..

Last edited:
Variation on the above question if anyone is still checking this thread: I live in Mass and have an LTC class A. My brother is a NH resident, no firearms license but not needed in NH for bolt guns of which he has two - both with 5 round capacity mags. Can he legally drive from NH to meet me at my range here in MA with his bolt guns (locked, in trunk)?
thanks in advance for any replies -
No.

see that was easy.

The answer to the OP's question lies in reading MGL C. 140 S. 129C (p)

(p) Carrying or possession by residents or nonresidents of so-called black powder rifles, shotguns, and ammunition therefor as described in such paragraphs (A) and (B) of the third paragraph of section 121, and the carrying or possession of conventional rifles, shotguns, and ammunition therefor by nonresidents who meet the requirements for such carrying or possession in the state in which they reside.

Back
Top Bottom