Two more 4.5 billion-year-old meteorite 1911s made by Business End Customs

Glockster30

NES Member
Lou made two 1911 handguns out of parts of the Muonionalusta Meteorite found in Sweden that are expected to fetch between $1 million to $1.5 million at Heritage Auctions in TX. Since Lou test fired them, are they NIB or LNIB? [laugh]

MeteoritePistols.jpg

MeteroiteBusinessEndCustoms2.jpg

Photo of one of the guns under construction

Pistols made from a 4.5 billion-year-old meteorite could fetch $1.5 million at auction

I thought for a second that this was a spoof and they were made by Cabot Guns, like the last two that I had read about. But nope! These were really made by Business End Customs... nice to see the local boys in the spotlight. Outstanding.

I think I'm doing pretty good when I assemble an AR using a receiver that I've completed from an 80%.

And then I read an article like this and realize that Lou Biondo started with a chunk of rock and made a gun out of it.

And I am humbled.

I think I'm doing pretty good when I assemble an AR using a receiver that I've completed from an 80%.

And then I read an article like this and realize that Lou Biondo started with a chunk of rock and made a gun out of it.

And I am humbled.
I would like to see how the meteorite is processed to a working piece of alloy. I would also like to know the alloy make up of the meteorite?
I know thy can contain a lot of nickel along with high iron content...

I would like to see how the meteorite is processed to a working piece of alloy. I would also like to know the alloy make up of the meteorite?
I know thy can contain a lot of nickel along with high iron content...
it's not. They treat the rock as an ingot, and machine away. This is how you get the fancy inclusions and other surface patterning.

Back
Top Bottom