• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Two guns stolen from FBI SWAT team.

I'm sure they'll trade them in for some gift cards at the next gun buy back.

I like the fact when they are in the hands of normal people they are "High powered semi automatic assault riffles"

In the hands of police they are just "high powered riffles"

and if they're not recovered this will be the first & last time there are any news reports about it

no supensions w/pay, no disciplinary actions taken

move along citizen, nothing more to see here

I like the fact when they are in the hands of normal people they are "High powered semi automatic assault riffles"

Mil/LE: "Personal defense weapons"
Citizens: "Evil, super-cop-killy assault weapon rifles"

$20k reward? Awesome, Find an M16 in a ditch, turn it in and use the reward money to buy transferable M-16 on Form-4 and then go on vacation with the leftovers! Almost like finders keepers in a get fingerprinted and wait 8-10 months kinda way.

Sorry I chuckled at the thought of an "Assault riffle." It reminded me of one of my White Water Rafting experiences.
I agree, we are considered the riff-raff of the rifle world. I wonder who was so bold as to "rifle" through a SWAT vehicle? I tend to think it is an "Inside Job."
Best regards.

Isn't it noble of the FBI to offer 20K of our tax money, in order to salvage the weapons stolen ? Man, I tall ya, the FBI is really working hard for us. They do all they can.
OBTW.. when they are "doing their best", can that possibly mean offering informants twice, three , four times as much as their willing to pay the public ?
And now, a bad joke:
I say the the agents in charge for the weapons stolon, should pay for them from their own salary, the money should not come out of the tax payer's pocket.
Oh, wait...

Sorry I chuckled at the thought of an "Assault riffle." It reminded me of one of my White Water Rafting experiences.
I agree, we are considered the riff-raff of the rifle world. I wonder who was so bold as to "rifle" through a SWAT vehicle? I tend to think it is an "Inside Job."
Best regards.
When times get very rough, people don't give a F*** about anything. Not to say the times are that bad over here, but, where I'm originally from, people would (and did) steal machine guns, M113s, you name it, right under the army's nose. It's not the enemy you're afraid of, as a soldier , to have your weapon stolen by, it's your own citizenry.
Oh, yes, gun control is fully implanted there, of course.

So we're safe in assuming that said FBI agents who were supposed to be in charge of these stolen weapons will be brought up on improper storage charges.

The double standards around here, suck.

Seems to me they were quick to jump on improper storage in Methuen last month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I've heard they are offering $20k reward for return of guns.

You can be the agents will be placed on paid leave during investigation concerning how and why they left unsecure weapons in and unsecure vehicle. Reports were that several other autos in same area were robbed. Big score for some thugs from Lowell or Lawrence....

Why would a modern SWAT team have an M16A1?

Because thats probably what it started its life out as, and what is still stamped on the side, regardless of current stock/upper, etc. I have never played with FBI guns but I know lots of PD's have guns that have guns with A1 recievers (and some older than that) all on "loan" from the LESO program.

I mentioned it a monthish ago, M16 is the Lego of the gun world:
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/226164-M16-the-quot-LEGO-s-quot-for-big-kids-(couple-pics)?p=3503821#post3503821

The FBI lost two guns in Andover yesterday and it wants the public’s help to find them.

“The Boston Division of the FBI is offering a reward of up to $20,000 for information leading to the recovery of two weapons stolen from a government vehicle,” the FBI stated in a press release today. “The weapons were stolen from an FBI SWAT emergency response vehicle.”

Andover police said the FBI had responded to a call that was made by a citizen of the town. The FBI said they were in the town, known for its prestigious prep school and low crime rate, last night into early this morning, when the guns were stolen. Police and FBI did not say what the feds were called to Andover for.

The FBI described the weapons as an M16 A1, which is an older version of the military’s classic M16, as well as a .308 caliber sniper rifle.

“All local, state and federal law enforcement agencies were quickly made aware of the theft through various means including the Commonwealth Fusion Center and Boston Regional Intelligence Center,” a press release from the agency stated.
More On:
U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation
- See more at: http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...missing_sniper_rifle_m16#sthash.ZTjG97fo.dpuf

Well, what was it, did you "misplace' your fine weaps or were they stolen or perhaos deported as part of the newest fast and furious!
Twads!!

I have only BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH to say about this.....

except the fact that now there's someone with some serious firepower, ammo, and M79 grenade launchers, which I do not have any defense against.

Well don't be defenseless, get your own M79 [wink]

P1000557.jpg

those couldn't have been in MA! that has a collapsable stock to make it ultra-hideable, and a flash-suppressor to make it ultra stealthy too![rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom