• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Two Down At Bob's Tactical

What's a range officer gonna do about someone wanting to off themselves? Nothing.

You're right... that said, I think It's a major deterrent though, imho. More pay range suicides tend to happen with less supervision.

damn, thats pretty messed up. I really feel for the witness'

Ive been there a few times, twice during the day when it was pretty quiet and felt pretty safe. Once on the weekend, and yeah Im all set with that.

It's unfortunate that they chose a range to do it, and further demonize firearm possession/ownership.

That said, did they use a real handgun, a 9 or a fo-tay to do the deed? [troll]

I don't think they can top the guy that did it with the SW .500. [sad2]

They are good guys over there, I work 5 mins away. I won't shoot there. Too many sweeps make you actually crave some rules.

If you don't have an LTC then you have to have a partner there, that was the solution to the suicides, but hard to prevent a duo with a plan. Sorry for them and more sorry for the witnesses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if only one of them is in on it, it can't always be prevented. The most recent suicide (that I'm aware of) at AFS was a guy who went there with his sister and her friend. He offed himself right in front of them. It's sad that someone gets to the point where they feel the only way out is to kill themself...it's even worse when they feel the only way out is to kill theself in front of their family.

It's unfortunate that they chose a range to do it, and further demonize firearm possession/ownership.

That said, did they use a real handgun, a 9 or a fo-tay to do the deed? [troll]
The fact stands that they are both dead so what ****ing diference doesnit make what cal was used?

I went to pick up my phone to text a friend that I have been to Bobs with, and it lit up with a text from him telling me about it, and also that he was supposed to be meeting his dad there after work, but it fell though.

We are now discussing it being time to join a club.

I went to pick up my phone to text a friend that I have been to Bobs with, and it lit up with a text from him telling me about it, and also that he was supposed to be meeting his dad there after work, but it fell though.

We are now discussing it being time to join a club.

Joining a club is cheaper and safer :)

Yeah.... I really feel for the people that had to clean up that mess... that must've been nightmare inducing.

-Mike

Yeah is sucks. The employees and owners that will lose money and have the trauma of seeing it (again), the other shooters, the nurses, EMT/first responders, and doctors at the hospital that have to be witnesses to the aftermath. Sad.

There's usually a minimum of one suicde a year there... what blows about this is i am going to make a wag that one of the victims was not in on the deal... ****ing sad.

That really is even more sad and f***** up if one of the victims wasn't in on the deal.

Gang tats and colors hanging out with a group of others with gang tats and the same colors while holding firearms in said gangster style while firing without the slightest hint of rudimentary sight use.

/I profile deal with it

That crap is aggravating. The kid next to me at my firearm safety course had interesting tats to say the least. During the live fire, the instructor went around telling people what to work on, instructing me to focus on my trigger control. The kid next to me took that as an invitation to start giving me all this BS advice about breathing while shooting and other garbage that made no sense, all before he even shot. When his turn comes, this dude goes to turn the gun sideways to fire before the instructor yelled at him to hold the gun properly. If I had to deal with that garbage at a range during paid time, I would flip out. Where did that sh*t originate anyway? Makes no practical sense and provides zero advantage with a pistol.

Anyways, isn't Bob's Tactical the joke of the area when it comes to gun ranges? I've heard nothing but people ripping on it for being a zoo of unsafe gun handling and unwanted Russian roulette. No thank you, I'll stay away.

Just awful. This is just further proof that we need to do more to remove the stigma of asking for help, and actually having the means to provide it. There's too much left to live for to quit at 20, I mean shit, there's still too many guns left to buy and ranges left to shoot at!

Why waste a Med Flight n 2 dead people

My guess is one of them still had vital signs when the EMTs showed up so they summoned it out of an abundance of caution. A lot of those hospitals not in/near big dump cities don't really have the trauma units capable of dealing with gunshot wounds.

-Mike

It's a shame that they felt the need to do this...lots of life left to live.

unfortunately for us, it adds to the anti 2a stats.

at least the heavens gate morons had the decency to go with phenobarbital kool aid.

really inconsiderate to implicate everyone else on the range in this....the selfishness is beyond my understanding.

Last edited:
Granite state range made me call a friend/family member to rent one of their handguns. The call was to ask questions regarding me possibly being suicidal.

Does bob's do this?

Not sure about bobs policies but most pay ranges will skip that protocol if you bring some of your own guns with you when renting.

-Mike

Granite state range made me call a friend/family member to rent one of their handguns. The call was to ask questions regarding me possibly being suicidal.

Does bob's do this?
Bob's policy is to NOT rent to individual people who are not licensed. They must bring somebody with them.

The reason we need range officers today is because parents of this day and age do not want to teach there kids the rules or safe handling, thinking they can protect them with ignorance, and now we have people with no commen sence at the range, times have changed

Normaly everyone would have known something about gun safty, now its surprising to find someone who dose, its scary

Back
Top Bottom