Two different computers on different networks "blank screen" following post

namedpipes

NES Member
Posting a new message or editing en existing one, sometimes I'm seeing a plain blank (white) screen. No indication that the page is still loading (no spinner / hourglass, etc.).

The page source is populated with the content I would expect for whatever page I was on.

I disabled Ad Block Plus and retested to no avail. Started maybe a couple / three days ago.

I'm seeing the problem on two different Win10 computers, one on home network with Chrome and the other on a work network (AD and all that) with Edge.

Not seeing any similar problem on other web sites.

ETA, although, ironically, not when I posted THIS message.

Re-ETA, but it happened again when I edited this message...

You haven’t been talking about buying Epstein’s island, have you?

If I had the scratch, I'd consider it. That's a nice piece of property. I'd let you visit.

I get that when my post becomes the first on the next page. Just hit reload.

I can reload, of course (and have been). It's not the end of the world - just @sHORTY might want to investigate - perhaps a recent update to the site. Or as Json suggested, I'm being targeted by the Clintons.

@namedpipes there was a major upgrade to the web server software around the time you mention this starting to happen. I'll roll it back this evening and see if that helps things at all.

I'm seeing the problem on two different Win10 computers, one on home network with Chrome and the other on a work network (AD and all that) with Edge..
\

Edge a.k.a Chrome downloader

@sHORTY

upload_2019-8-22_8-46-39.png

upload_2019-8-22_8-47-47.png

Happened just moments ago. Win10 Pro x64 (not on a domain), Chrome v76.

Replying to an early post in this older thread: So, just how screwed is this guy?

Saw blank, white screen without spinner/waiting.

Page source looks like this:

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html id="XenForo" lang="en-US" dir="LTR" class="Public NoJs LoggedIn NoSidebar Responsive" xmlns:fb="http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8" />
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge,chrome=1" />

Hitting reload successfully reloaded the page I was on (first page of the fairly old thread).

Navigating to the last page of the thread I see my post was in fact the first post on a new thread. Someone above noticed that similar fact.

I rarely post but I'll take care to note where on the page my "blank" post winds up, if I do come across something worth commenting on ;)

Back
Top Bottom