Two Dead, Three Critically Injured After Gunman Opens Fire at California Restaurant

It may be me but I always avoid sitting with my back against an entry point when I go to a resteraunts or bars. I like to sit where I can see the entry and exit and I look at people when the enter especially. If I can find a wall that where I sit and usually looking at the entrance. When I go to a hotel room I always look around and especially under the bed while my wife if Lysoling the bed cover. The only thing I really have to add is if I saw an individual enter a place I was eating or drinking and start shooting I know I wouldn't hesitate for a moment to use whatever means I had available to cease the engagement even if I were not party to it assuming of coarse he wasn't wearing a uniform that would cause me to pause.

Perhaps I am paranoid but I always try to sum up the people in my surroundings when I am in public and I have been right when trouble is about to start. It's happened several times although not life threatening that people I have a sense about start getting physical. One person with a gun in this case may not have prevented all the fatalities but he may have prevented some or one. People that do these types of crimes are not snipers and they are not gun enthuiest. There is a big difference between being in a place where you are not likely to encounter any resistance and being in a place where you have to focus on the targets and the surroundings.

We live in a country where many people think that only the police and military should carry weapons. Let me say without reservation that I do no concur with that rational and I don't look good as a chalk line.

gents, i'm i'm telling you right now.... if its time 2 go, it's time 2 go...

Check out Lance Thomas. If he had done what most people do and went unarmed and unprepared it would have been his time to go but since he was armed and prepared he prevented himself from going and sent others where they belonged.

i want my money bitch.... [laugh]

SO, as mike C was saying, some of us are actually tuff guys, and we shoot together... Ross? [rofl] just efffing with ya...

you are a victim because you think appleseeds make people invincible...

No one mentioned "shoot to wound," so I guess we are doing better than average for this type of thread.

First, Condolences to the family and loved ones of those lost in this tragic occurrence.

Second, wolf is both right and wrong IMHO. Even if you are prepared, your attacker has the advantage of surprise. That said, the typical criminal is human too. They make mistakes. You may or may not be able to take advantage of those mistakes if you have a weapon, but not having one because you "wouldn't go to a place if you thought you needed a gun"TM reduces to eliminates the odds that you will be able to do anything useful.

It's hard to spot the predator in time to react, but sometimes you can see them from the actions of the other sheep before they are upon you.

Ah well, this was a cat thread from the get go, so back to offering my thoughts and sympathies to those killed, injured and bereaved by this act.

you are a victim because you think appleseeds make people invincible...

I'm happy if I just wake people up and get them to know more about their heritage... and to start paying attention to their government. And get them to shoot better, of course.

But I'll leave the "invincible" to Marvel Comics. [wink]

Anytime a thread starts to head in the direction of "I would have done this!" people are quick to jump on you and say "You have not been there man, you don't know what you would do until you are in that situation". While I agree with that statement to a point, I would ask this in return: Would you have said the same thing to a person that posted "I would have frozen in terror, shit my pants and waited to die like a good lamb."? Of course not. While no plan survives the first line of contact, I have the utmost respect for people that actually have a plan. We are all just shooting the breeze here but I think it is safe to say that the guy that has a plan, no matter what that plan may be, has a MUCH better chance of surviving. The guy that lives in lala land and can't even tell you the definition of an active shooter is dead 100% of the time.

I feel terrible about the whole situation and I can't imagine what would drive a man to murder women and children. It is just terrible and the family is in my prayers.

[slap]

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you don't have kids, because if you do and you wouldn't try to stop that piece of s*** from murdering little children in front of you I'm pretty much ashamed of your existence. If you can in any way try to stop anyone from killing kids I'd hope you'd do it.

What a big, steaming pile of bullshit that is and I am not falling for it.

What good is it to mine if I end up getting killed trying to stop some nutjob from killing his? Ever heard of risk management? I am looking for the nearest exit and calling 911 once I am clear. And yeah, I'd sleep just fine and be pretty content with my existence.

If everyone just trained like this guy... never a need to worry about dying in a gunfight..... [rofl]

MAN UP!!!!! [laugh]

Last edited by a moderator:
What a big, steaming pile of bullshit that is and I am not falling for it.

What good is it to mine if I end up getting killed trying to stop some nutjob from killing his? Ever heard of risk management? I am looking for the nearest exit and calling 911 once I am clear. And yeah, I'd sleep just fine and be pretty content with my existence.

Lol, a little late to the shuffle there Vic.

Nice video drgrant. I'll be sure to put more rolls/flips/somersaults into my next target practice. Seriously though, that looks like a nice little range setup in that gully.

All those who are willing to bet their families' lives that the shooter is not there for mass casualties go ahead and go about your lives unarmed 99% of the time or just sit under the table.

Exactly. After the bodies are counted and ID'ed the motive was determined.

Check out Lance Thomas. If he had done what most people do and went unarmed and unprepared it would have been his time to go but since he was armed and prepared he prevented himself from going and sent others where they belonged.

+1. Jeanne Assam is another one worth mentioning, taking on a much better armed opponent from improbable distances.

I've also mentioned on here before how members of the Haganah used Webley revolvers, .25 pocket pistols and other antiquated handguns to survive hours long convoy ambushes where attackers were armed with full auto rifles, hand grenades, Molotov cocktails and armored cars. The Haganah "guards" they used on convoy details before the 1948 War officially started typically only had dry fire practice with guns before they saw this kind of combat, a select few fired a single round through their gun when they graduated from their "training." One of the biggest problems reported by the Haganah in these engagements was not having enough water; the fights went on so long in the sweltering heat that their people were getting very thirsty. [laugh] Some died, but all fought, and most of them prevailed.

I'm no hero, but if I can, I will fight.

It's so easy to monday morning quarterback situations like this. Somewhere in between the puffy chested and the do nothings, are people who weigh their life on more than just covering their own ass...

There are more than a few people rotting in the dirt who took one to the noggin cowering under a table, or fleeing for the door to call 911. I'd personally rather have my child know that I died trying to defend myself and others, rather than getting thumped in the skull or spine-shot running for the door like a little bitch... But that's just me....

Anytime a thread starts to head in the direction of "I would have done this!" people are quick to jump on you and say "You have not been there man, you don't know what you would do until you are in that situation". While I agree with that statement to a point, I would ask this in return: Would you have said the same thing to a person that posted "I would have frozen in terror, shit my pants and waited to die like a good lamb."? ...

Consider it said. Of course, that's only because I've seen it happen. I've seen big talkers hide and crap their pants; I've seen guys who acted like complete wusses and whined constantly about how scared they were man up and do exactly what needed to be done when it counted. Fear works both ways.

Ken

Consider it said. Of course, that's only because I've seen it happen. I've seen big talkers hide and crap their pants; I've seen guys who acted like complete wusses and whined constantly about how scared they were man up and do exactly what needed to be done when it counted. Fear works both ways.

Ken

This is the NES-best-reply-post-of-the-day, which by it's very nature in a thread this long, means that the thread is over. I am invoking the "KMaurer law of posting".

Oh Yeah DJ_2, you may want to reconsider calling your Wife "the big one" Trust me on this.

[rofl][laugh][/QUOTE]

Let me rephrase "the Taller, more mature slender one"

DJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom