Two Dead In Crash With F/A-18

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
No, the jet didn't crash, it was parked.
Two idiots in a Jeep ran through the security checkpoint and crashed into it.

The commander of Lemoore Naval Air Station said Thursday “many investigations” will follow a fatal overnight incident in which an SUV breached security and crashed into an FA-18E warplane on the base. The two occupants of the Jeep Cherokee, a male driver and a female passenger, died in the crash.

Lemoore NAS’s commander, Capt. Monte G. Ashliman Jr., said the pair did not have any military affiliation, and that there was no reason to believe the base was the target of a terrorist attack. But in a news conference, Ashliman did not provide specifics about how the Cherokee was able to get past a “control point” and damage the multimillion-dollar jet.
http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article69245722.html

So how hard would it be for a terrorist with a carload of explosives to do the same thing and wipe out a bunch of warplanes ???

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am a little dumbfounded. I am not aware of an airport tarmac ANYWHERE in the US that does not have some sort of electronic gate on it nowadays. How the heck did they get onto the tarmac.

But whatever happened, base security is a top priority nowadays. the base commander should be demoted over this. There are no excuses for this lax security.

Last edited:

Rockrivr1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
This makes no sense as to how this could happen at Lemoore. I was stationed there for 9 months as my squadron transitioned from F4s to FA-18s. The front gate is nowhere near the airfield. Once through the front gate you have to drive down an access road for 5 miles to a second security gate before you get access to the airfield. Plus the airfield is completely surrounded by 10' tall barbed wire fencing followed by miles upon miles of cotton fields.

More then a few somebodies are on their way to Captain's Mast for this one.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If the car had a base sticker on it, it would be waved through with zero shits given. Main gate and flightline gate.

blindfire

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No, the jet didn't crash, it was parked.
Two idiots in a Jeep ran through the security checkpoint and crashed into it.

http://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/article69245722.html

So how hard would it be for a terrorist with a carload of explosives to do the same thing and wipe out a bunch of warplanes ???
Heh...NAS Lemoore. Not surprised. Place is out in the middle of BFE. People in the jeep were probably drunk and bored and thought, "Hey. Let's go f*ck with the Navy base!"

PSGWSP

Bendad97

Banned
Rating - 100%
131   0   0
Heh...NAS Lemoore. Not surprised. Place is out in the middle of BFE. People in the jeep were probably drunk and bored and thought, "Hey. Let's go f*ck with the Navy base!"

PSGWSP

When I was in the Corps, this was a good way to get shot dead by the Barracks Marines. Not sure who is guarding the bases these days.

Top Bottom