• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Two dead after 3D printer jams while printing gun.

WTF, What are they making guns with live ammo im the manufacturing process?

According to the statement, product engineers Brett Lackey and Jacob Harlan—both employed at the company since 2011—died of multiple gunshot wounds after they “mishandled the machinery” while troubleshooting a malfunction. A third man, identified only as an intern, was treated and released at a local hospital after sustaining a bullet wound to the thigh. - See more at: http://www.newslo.com/two-dead-after-3d-printer-jams-while-printing-gun/#sthash.Gc2z0fse.dpuf

Either that or they were test firing and it blew up on them, story leaves a lot untold.

multiple GSWs? uh... wat?

According to the statement, product engineers Brett Lackey and Jacob Harlan—both employed at the company since 2011—died of multiple gunshot wounds after they “mishandled the machinery” while troubleshooting a malfunction. A third man, identified only as an intern, was treated and released at a local hospital after sustaining a bullet wound to the thigh.

this makes zero sense. were they printing around a loaded mag or something? i just don't understand how they could have been monumentally stupid enough to pull something like this off.

Yup, it's fake. There is even a button on the bottom where you can select "Show Facts" and highlight what is fact and what is made up.
Besides, the gun parts are made individually by the machine and then the gun is assembled by hand.

Agenda driven reporting. I do not see how you could print moving parts as an assembly. The only implausible thing I can think of is they had a fully assembled prototype loaded and put it back in the printer to "add" something and the head jammed on the trigger. No difference between this and putting a loaded weapon in a milling machine or engraver. Darwinism

Ok, now I see the fact button, but my expectations are so low of real reporting, I need more absurdity to pick up on the difference

Last edited:
If some of us cannot immediately tell that this article is satire, apart from it being ludicrous, what do you think will happen when the simple minded voter reads it? Or any article with questionable fact for that matter? Hey, IF a white dude can convince the voting base he is black, anything is possible....

Satire or not, who hasn't wanted to fire off a few rounds at a jammed printer?

I prefer the up close and personal approach... lol

I haven't shot up a printer before but... When Marco from Zero Hours friend's finally got fed up with his computer we brought it to the range w/ Marco's FA AK and Saiga 12 and turned it in to metal shavings... [rofl2] That is ooglassoo manning the bang switch and me behind the camera.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time the stupid printer jams my mind flashes to Michael Bolton yelling "Let's do that. Let's do exactly that, you little, fu-" and Samir Nagheenanajar dropping a heel on it in the field. Every time.

Guys, its satire... are you really THAT slow? [rofl]

I'm pretty dense. You tell me a joke and there's a 20% chance I won't find it funny because I don't get it. I knew this was satire the moment I read the headline. [rofl]

-Mike

If some of us cannot immediately tell that this article is satire, apart from it being ludicrous, what do you think will happen when the simple minded voter reads it? Or any article with questionable fact for that matter? Hey, IF a white dude can convince the voting base he is black, anything is possible....

Or the average politician.

Starting the timer now for the countdown to a bill coming out either banning 3D printers (for the children) - or classifying them as Class 3 device you can't own without the proper license and a tax stamp - or possibly banning them under some sort of International arms treaty.

Jesus. Does anybody actually read anymore? No wonder we have PAGES of arguments here based on stupidity.

I think the problem is that as a whole the level of knowledge and discourse has reached such a high level of retard in this country - that almost anything seems plausible.

I know I've read more than a few stories over the last few years that were far more retarded than this one - and they were real.

Or the average politician.

Starting the timer now for the countdown to a bill coming out either banning 3D printers (for the children) - or classifying them as Class 3 device you can't own without the proper license and a tax stamp - or possibly banning them under some sort of International arms treaty.

Close...

Threat of plastic guns grows as undetectable firearm law set to expire

Federal law enforcement authorities are raising concerns new, futuristic 3-D printed guns made entirely out of plastic could pose a myriad of security threats across the U.S., as a law banning undetectable firearms is set to expire.

3-D industrial printers that can create plastic models and prototypes can make workable guns that can't be picked up by metal detectors, and officials say they could pose a threat to countless government institutions, schools and other buildings.

A longtime ban on undetectable firearms is scheduled to expire Dec. 9 and two Democratic senators, Chuck Schumer of New York and Bill Nelson of Florida, have called for a ban on plastic guns. Rep. Steve Israel, D-N.Y., also has introduced legislation on the issue.

"The expiration of this law, combined with advances in 3-D printing, make what was once a hypothetical threat into a terrifying reality," said Schumer. "We are actively exploring all options to pass legislation that will eliminate the problem."

In a meeting with reporters Wednesday, agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said plastic guns present a special challenge for law enforcement agencies.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ws-as-undetectable-firearm-law-set-to-expire/

So, if the 3D printer is saying "Load Letter", you'd better duck?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom