• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Two Career Criminals Face Nearly 30 Charges...

Two career criminals face nearly 30 charges after State Police stop

http://www.boston.com/news/local/ma...police-stop/CKS8dSp4gIFNNcXyP93EVN/story.html

(Sent from Boston_com)

Two career criminals pleaded not guilty Monday to nearly 30 charges between them after State Police discovered a large-capacity, unlicensed gun in their possession.

Gilbert Morin, 28, of Worcester, is facing 14 charges that include being an armed career criminal, possession of an unregistered firearm, and resisting arrest, according to a statement from State Police.

He has faced criminal charges in Worcester Superior Court more than 10 times since 2005 for crimes that include drug possession with intent to distribute and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, according to court records.

Rabbi Lavarin, 31, also of Worcester, is also facing 14 charges that include being an armed career criminal, possession of a large-capacity firearm, and a firearm violation with three prior violent drug crimes, State Police said.

He has been to court three times for crimes that include breaking and entering into a boat with intent to commit a felony and carrying a dangerous weapon, according to court records.

State Police pulled over Lavarin's white Cadillac Seville at the intersection of Belmont and Edward streets for motor vehicle violations at about 3 a.m. Friday, the statement said. After identifying Lavarin and his passenger, Morin, troopers searched the car and uncovered a large-capacity Taurus 9mm firearm and a magazine containing 13 rounds of ammunition.

Neither suspect was carrying a license for the weapon, and they were arrested.

During their arraignment in Worcester District Court on Monday, Morin's bail was revoked in a previous case. He is being held on $10,000 cash bail on the most recent charges, Worcester district attorney's spokesman Timothy Connolly said.

Lavarin is being held on $250 cash bail.

Both men are to return to court on April 9 for a pretrial conference, said Connolly.

Globe Correspondent Jacqueline Tempera contributed to this article. Catalina Gaitan can be reached at [email protected] . Follow her on Twitter at @catalina_gaitan .

"Morin, troopers searched the car and uncovered a large-capacity Taurus 9mm firearm and a magazine containing 13 rounds of ammunition."

I wonder if the mag was pre ban? It must be since career criminals follow gun laws right?

damn, on, no way he will get out on bail! 250? Who could possibly have that much cash?

Possession of a large cap firearm and 13 other charges. $250 bail.... Seems legit... Hes lucky the tuarus is ma compliant... Who knows how much the bail would skyrocket too!!

Is it just my perception or are they pushing these types of stories more now that they're going for more gun legislation?

Is it just my perception or are they pushing these types of stories more now that they're going for more gun legislation?

It seems theres at least 1 article like this everyday... The fact that these guys are on the streets and get out the next day make me glad i carry... Tho this guy got a few more rounds in his mag than i do!

i would assume that these stories would open up the eyes of the anti gun folks and make them realize that criminals obviuosly dont care about laws... Eapecially gun laws... But prob not... More gun laws must be the answer

What is the penalty for driving a Cadillac Seville? I would hope that would be a couple of years in prison.

State Police pulled over Lavarin's white Cadillac Seville at the intersection of Belmont and Edward streets for motor vehicle violations at about 3 a.m. Friday, the statement said. After identifying Lavarin and his passenger, Morin, troopers searched the car
Why was the car searched?

what was the fake "probable cause" they came up with?

also, this is a real charge? how do you determine if someone classifies as a "career criminal"? is there some sort of standard?
charges that include being an armed career criminal

what was the fake "probable cause" they came up with?

also, this is a real charge? how do you determine if someone classifies as a "career criminal"? is there some sort of standard?
charges that include being an armed career criminal

3 strikes rule on steroids. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armed_Career_Criminal_Act

Anyone want to bet a bottle of single malt that charge gets dropped and neither one does any time?

I posted this in the dup thread, what I don't understand is the improper storage charge. If they were driving shouldn't the charges be limited to transporting?n

If I were their lawyer I'd argue that they should receive points for having the gun and not shooting it out with the cops. They may not be upstanding citizens but they had a gun and didn't use it.

Back
Top Bottom