Two arrested in connection with theft of police assault rifle in New Bedford

http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/201...weapon-ammo/w5gJ04nud5mz1LdpqaUdSI/story.html

By Sarah Mattero and Martin Finucane, Globe Correspondent and Globe Staff

Two men have been arrested in connection with the theft of a police-issue assault rifle and 30 rounds of ammunition from an unmarked police car parked in an officer’s driveway, New Bedford officials said today.

A range of federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies were enlisted in the two-week search for the weapon. The cooperation paid off when police in nearby Fairhaven received information on the weapon, city officials said.

Sounds like a bad storage solution, I guess that's a bad "suitability". On the other hand, chairman Barry said that "assault rifles" belong with soldiers, those bastards in PD must be racists to ignore his words.

I like this part:

“Residents of New Bedford can breathe a lot easier knowing, not only that this weapon is off the streets, but that we have a talented police force that reacts effectively when it finds itself in difficult circumstances and rises to the occasion,” Mayor Jon Mitchell said in a statement. “The recovery of this dangerous weapon is the product of good old-fashioned police work.”

I like this part:

“Residents of New Bedford can breathe a lot easier knowing, not only that this weapon is off the streets, but that we have a talented police force that reacts effectively when it finds itself in difficult circumstances and rises to the occasion,” Mayor Jon Mitchell said in a statement. “The recovery of this dangerous weapon is the product of good old-fashioned police work.”

It was because of sloppy-ass police work this happened in the first place! What a toolbag.

A-salt-rifle

Bugasalt-Bug-Killing-Gun-2.jpg

Okay I'm from RI, but I read all the threads about the shitty Mass gun laws. It seems to me this cop should be charged, am I wrong? His gun was improperly stored. If that was one of you what would happen? How many laws did he break by storing it in his car? IN HIS DRIVEWAY !!!

Last edited:
Rest easy tonight, it wasn't an assault rifle.

That's right, it's only an assault rifle when a civilian has it, otherwise it's a "Patrol" rifle.

police in nearby Fairhaven received information on the weapon

This is copspeak for "somebody ratted".

I hope the cops don't hurt themselves patting each other on the back for such fine police work. [rolleyes]

Rest easy tonight, it wasn't an assault rifle.

That's right, it's only an assault rifle when a civilian has it, otherwise it's a "Patrol" rifle.

No it's not! Don't go along with the anti's intentionally wrong terminology. It's not an assault rifle if it doesn't have a giggle switch. An AR-15 is a rifle, not an assualt rifle. Please don't fuel the fire!

Okay I'm from RI, but I read all the threads about the shitty Mass gun laws. It seems to me this cop should be charged, am I wrong? His gun was improperly stored. If that was one of you what would happen? How many laws did he break by storing it in his car? IN HIS DRIVEWAY !!!

You're wrong. Laws don't apply to cops.

IANAL, but likely none if it were stored in a locked trunk, as it would be secured in a locked container.

Watching the news right now, they're saying two guns were stolen, the AR and an unspecified pistol.
Hmmm, why didn't we hear that part in earlier reports ???
But I was right, someone ratted them out.

2l89ro3.jpg

This. Don't forget, police can own guns that are deemed "unsafe" for the rest of us.

Like the cop who left his loaded Glock under the seat of his car, only to be found by his 3 year old, who shot him with it.
Personal responsibility ???
Of course not, just file a lawsuit against Glock for making an unsafe product, that's the American Way! [sad2]

Back
Top Bottom