Two arrested in Burlington: Illegal assault rifle

LOL how about those novelty fireworks in the box there? they going to prosecute him for having snakes or whatever that shit is ?

-Mike

You can’t be charged for a law that doesn’t exist. I think. Idk. I’m probably wrong.

AWB stuff (even the real AWB) is rarely prosecuted because if someone doesn't have an LTC/FID, its far easier standard of evidence to whack the person on what they clocked him with... three big, easy to convict
felonies with a very simple standard of evidence. Tacking on an AWB charge doesn't "get" them
much.

-Mike

Zero shits given. The guy wasn't following the law. We bitch about enforcing what's on the books now rather than making more, that's what happened here.

Except that arresting someone for non violent, malum prohibitum crap rarely if ever ends up actually helping lawful gun owners. It just clogs up the system, and we get to pay for the prosecution and the incarceration, if any. I'm sure this guy with his illegal SBR and his box of novelty fireworks was going to be running around terrorizing the community... lmao.

-Mike

AWB stuff (even the real AWB) is rarely prosecuted because if someone doesn't have an LTC/FID, its far easier standard of evidence to whack the person on what they clocked him with... three big, easy to convict
felonies with a very simple standard of evidence. Tacking on an AWB charge doesn't "get" them
much.

-Mike

But if this is an "Assault Rifle" as described, it gets them a charge of up to life in prison.

I call that something serious.

But if this is an "Assault Rifle" as described, it gets them a charge of up to life in prison.

I call that something serious.

You mean as in full auto? Dude I realize the media sucks, but can we set that trope aside for 5 minutes? LOL. of course the media is going to f*** that up, that's part for the course.

It's probably NOT full auto. It's probably just some mixmaster gun he built himself.

Also at the end of the day, btw, even though those laws have potentially huge penalties on them, nobody ever gets assessed that. This ain't like mandatory minimum land like NY with the sullivan law, etc. (sure mass has bartley fox, but due to a bunch of fun with that law, it never gets prosecuted in these kinds of cases... )

This is the state that when two thugs get caught having a running gunfight in broad daylight, where by some miracle nobody got hurt.... the court often lets them off on personal recog until the trial... lmao.

-Mike

You mean as in full auto? Dude I realize the media sucks, but can we set that trope aside for 5 minutes? LOL. of course the media is going to f*** that up, that's part for the course.

It's probably NOT full auto. It's probably just some mixmaster gun he built himself.

Also at the end of the day, btw, even though those laws have potentially huge penalties on them, nobody ever gets assessed that. This ain't like mandatory minimum land like NY with the sullivan law, etc. (sure mass has bartley fox, but due to a bunch of fun with that law, it never gets prosecuted in these kinds of cases... )

This is the state that when two thugs get caught having a running gunfight in broad daylight, where by some miracle nobody got hurt.... the court often lets them off on personal recog until the trial... lmao.

-Mike

The chief of police said it was an Assault Rifle too. I expect him to get it right at a minimum since his office handled it and has custody of it.

" a large capacity feeding device" ? Does that mean I can get arrested for eating with my big spoon? at least they didn't call it a clip

The Jethro Bodine Cereal Bowl is a large capacity feeding device:

images

So, no charges for the SBR or the AW... interesting.

How 'bout that vice? And the second "barrel"? Are we thinking homebrew here? I can't see the side for a logo...

Hmmmmm...I don't think so. Top gun in pic looks to be a...PISTOL, with an SOB arm brace.

I think you need to google SOB arm brace and take another look. That looks a lot like a Magpul carbine stock to me.

from pd img:
Capture.JPG

Magpul CTR Carbine stock:
mag310-blk.jpg

Okay, I still don't why the vice and the stump are in the cop's "big score" photo. Seriously, any ideas?

The stump they probably stole so they could show that he'd been firing the gun. The vice is anyone's guess. The damn thing is broken, too. Take a close look at it, it's useless as a vice.

Lol. Looks like a lame gunshow...

Just missing the jerky.

Sheils-Evidence.jpg

You mean as in full auto? Dude I realize the media sucks, but can we set that trope aside for 5 minutes?
It's up to them to "set that trope aside," not us.
The chief of police said it was an Assault Rifle too. I expect him to get it right at a minimum since his office handled it and has custody of it.
The chief either is lying or a moron.
not_weapon_of_war_800x1025.jpg

and another AR no longer in the hands of Massachusetts Gun Owners...so it begins.
You left out the “Firearm Violation with Two Prior Violent or Drug Crimes” part. His gf had multiple warrants for shoplifting, sounds like career druggies.

Tell me a state where a convicted felon would be left in possession of firearms?

You left out the “Firearm Violation with Two Prior Violent or Drug Crimes” part. His gf had multiple warrants for shoplifting, sounds like career druggies.

Tell me a state where a convicted felon would be left in possession of firearms?

you're right. I did leave that part out. No state that I know of.

Back
Top Bottom