Twitter Suspends SAF Acct on Eve of Gun Rights Policy Conference

allen-1

NES Member
Yep, right before the annual meeting, twitter suspended the account. With no reason given.

The Second Amendment Foundation along with the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms are holding their annual Gun Rights Policy Conference in Phoenix this weekend (TTAG will be there). So…just in time for the gun rights orgs’ biggest event of the year, the pasty-faced geeks at Twitter have seen fit to suspend SAF’s social media account.

If you don't know who SAF is, you really should. This is the group that files lawsuits - and tends to win them. I'm a lifetime member of the NRA because they're the face of gun owners to the antis but I fairly regularly send checks to SAF because they keep winning where it matters.

Twitter Suspends Second Amendment Foundation Account on Eve of Gun Rights Policy Conference - The Truth About Guns

Bet it's "'Cuz gunz!"

Social media is increasingly hostile towards gun accounts. I'm actually shocked the NRA hasn't had all their shit taken down multiple times yet.

Add them to the lawsuit in Washington (or is it Oregon?)! Google, Twitter, Amazon and ForceBork are in trouble. They have decided to block out everyone else on every level of their business. That's actually a no-no. All of them will be dismantled. All of them will claim that this will hurt consumers. And in the end, it'll be like telephone services pre- and post-84. Prices PLUMMETTED and service went up. Technology screamed ahead. Frickin Ma Bell and her scare tactics.

Right now social media platforms are trying at once to claim that they're a "platform" that shouldn't be responsible for content, yet they're also trying to claim the right to control what content gets published on their platforms, especially as concerns purported "hate speech" and such. They shouldn't get to have their cake and eat it, too.

Add them to the lawsuit in Washington (or is it Oregon?)! Google, Twitter, Amazon and ForceBork are in trouble. They have decided to block out everyone else on every level of their business. That's actually a no-no. All of them will be dismantled. All of them will claim that this will hurt consumers. And in the end, it'll be like telephone services pre- and post-84. Prices PLUMMETTED and service went up. Technology screamed ahead. Frickin Ma Bell and her scare tactics.

Lol, good luck if you think .gov is going to break them up.... only solution imo.is to use the free market against them.

Their house their rules?
It is complicated.

They are claiming to be both a platform and a publisher at the same time. Each has different roles, responsibilities, and protections. You cannot be both, yet these organizations are trying to claim the exemptions and protections of both while also eschewing the responsibilities of both roles.

Unless a bunch of stuff got deleted, it hasn't been a very active account.

I follow Alan Gura, and he didn't mention the suspension. He's been a lot more active than SAF, but he's closely tied.

Back
Top Bottom