Twitter Bans Jewish Star of David in Profile Images – Deems it “Hateful Imagery”

Reptile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
106   0   0

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
The Cross will be next, because that's a symbol of an ancient method of slow and painful execution.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And this is not starting an instant class action lawsuit on free speech and religious grounds WHY?

FiremanBob

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0

Boris

Son of Kalashnikov
NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The Cross will be next, because that's a symbol of an ancient method of slow and painful execution.
I'm pretty positive that's already illegal unless it's rainbow colored.

Twatter is just catching up and people pretty soon will learn that Islamic pets are not so much a religion of peace as Barry was telling us.

Win

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cross will be next because it's a symbol of Christian morality which is objectionable to many today. It's the morality component of the Bible that non-believers resist most. Ironically, it's the morality component of the Bible that first lead to me to Christianity.

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Hollon! I thought the Evil Right Wing Extremists were anti-Semitic. I wish the Left would make up it's mind. Supporting Jews is either good or bad depending on what day it is and what conservatives are doing. Got it.

What's our opinion on that corrosive chemical H2O?? Any thoughts on that dangerous catalyst for explosions, Oxygen?? I hear Conservatives are both pro H2O and Pro-Oxygen.

TheGreekFreak

NES Member
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Twitter, like most of social media, is so toxic that it's not even worth engaging on. I know how to use all the silly platforms but no personal public accounts on fb, insta, snapchat, etc.

But.....out of all the platforms, I do use an anonymous account with 0 posts on Twitter to check news due to the instant real-time relaying of info. It's great for that....except I've noticed the algorithm has skewed my feed to pure baiting garbage this past year. Like this star of David thing, they're so ridiculous on what to highlight versus suppress on a given piece of news or topic that the bias is just funny at this point.

So now, I just have to consciously resist looking at any suggestions or trending shit, look up what I need, and bail ASAP. Just use the tool if/when you need it and don't engage with it.

beaker

NES Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
WTF. This is probably what it was like in Germany in 1931. The active hate against Christians and Jews is palpable. They leave Muslims alone though. The leftists are evil. BLM and ANTIFA are the violent street intimidation force, the brownshirts of today.

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Twitter did block some accounts with the legitimate Star of David, but it was later disclosed that their review algorithm was supposedly targeting the yellow star associated with Nazi concentration camp markings on Jewish people. I'm not sure if that's true or just an after the fact cover up, but it is plausible. And I say plausible because they full on well knew the sh*tstorm that would have happened if they just openly deemed the Star of David a hate symbol and stood by their word on it. Same as what would happen if they did it to the cross. It would have basically been the end of the platform, so I'm inclined to think this was just an image search algorithm getting too aggressive with similarities.

Radtekk

NES Member
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Twitter did block some accounts with the legitimate Star of David, but it was later disclosed that their review algorithm was supposedly targeting the yellow star associated with Nazi concentration camp markings on Jewish people. I'm not sure if that's true or just an after the fact cover up, but it is plausible. And I say plausible because they full on well knew the sh*tstorm that would have happened if they just openly deemed the Star of David a hate symbol and stood by their word on it. Same as what would happen if they did it to the cross. It would have basically been the end of the platform, so I'm inclined to think this was just an image search algorithm getting too aggressive with similarities.
I've often said that if I am one day forced to wear a Star to identify myself as Jewish I would have the yellow version tattooed on me.

I'm starting to wonder if I can find a tattoo artist talented enough to do one morphing from the yellow "Juden" star into my AR15 avatar version, a la the Gadsden-to-US version.

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've often said that if I am one day forced to wear a Star to identify myself as Jewish I would have the yellow version tattooed on me.

I'm starting to wonder if I can find a tattoo artist talented enough to do one morphing from the yellow "Juden" star into my AR15 avatar version, a la the Gadsden-to-US version.
lol.... I never noticed those were AR's.

I grew up in a dual faith family. One side Jewish, the other Roman Catholic. I'm kind of a religious mutt as a result. I'd guess I'd go for a tattoo that blended of the two religion's symbols, but worried it would end up looking like a fairy wand.

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not very active on Twitter, but I've noticed that some people there have started using the ((( ))) around their user names.

If you don't follow, that's something the neonazis starting using a few years ago to identify someone as "THE JOOZ", and I don't recall the explanation. It was stupid, but then again they're nazis, so...

Anyway, it's good to see Jewish folks take that away from them, and use it against them.

BruceW

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Twitters reply to this:
"We want to clarify some questions about hateful imagery on Twitter. We categorically do not consider the Star of David as a hateful symbol or hateful image. We have for some time seen the 'yellow star' or ‘yellow badge’ symbol being used by those seeking to target Jewish people," the company wrote. "This is a violation of the Twitter Rules, and our Hateful Conduct Policy prohibits the promotion of violence against - or threats of attack towards - people on the basis of categories such as religious affiliation, race and ethnic origin."

"While the majority of cases were correctly actioned, some accounts highlighted recently were mistakes and have now been restored.
We're grateful to @antisemitism @ADL @CST_UK and others for bringing this to our attention and for their partnership in tackling antisemitism."

Radtekk

NES Member
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Twitters reply to this:
"We want to clarify some questions about hateful imagery on Twitter. We categorically do not consider the Star of David as a hateful symbol or hateful image. We have for some time seen the 'yellow star' or ‘yellow badge’ symbol being used by those seeking to target Jewish people," the company wrote. "This is a violation of the Twitter Rules, and our Hateful Conduct Policy prohibits the promotion of violence against - or threats of attack towards - people on the basis of categories such as religious affiliation, race and ethnic origin."

"While the majority of cases were correctly actioned, some accounts highlighted recently were mistakes and have now been restored.
We're grateful to @antisemitism @ADL @CST_UK and others for bringing this to our attention and for their partnership in tackling antisemitism."
And what if I wanted to use that symbol as a "f*** you, here I am" statement?

Top Bottom