• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Twigg's Traditional Marksmanship Event Saturday, May 26 8:30 AM -1:00 PM

Thanks Dennis, I learned a lot and may have to try a Seed event in the future.

I enjoyed shooting my LMT out to 200yds and putting most of the shots in right target. Also, my Stag comp works as advertised, keeps the muzzle down and annoys the shooters next to you.

The club deserves kudos for all the work that went into the new, new range berm.

For those of you on the fence about whether or not this would be of any benefit, it is well worth the trip and short money to get in quality range time with an instructor who gets it.

Thanks again.

Definitely an excellent Saturday morning, good meeting you all. I was surprised I was the only one there shooting a Garand, looking forward to next time. JT

Thank you, Mr. Twigg for setting this up for us. It was a complete pleasure to meet all of you. Hopefully, my red dot performs better next time. That is my story and I'm sticking to it. Haha! I am already talking about the next training exercise with the wife. She's already sick of hearing about it! Thanks again everyone for the incredible time!

Thanks Twigg, had a great day. Good way to start off Memorial Day weekend and couldn't have asked for better weather. Great to meet everyone. Looking forward to the next one.

Twigg,

Thanks for putting this together! I think I came away with a solid sense of the fundamentals and a real clear idea of how to use my range time going forward. Really enjoyed the event and meeting everyone.

This was an excellent way to spend a morning, and I walked away with a good sense of what I need to work on to become a better shooter.

Given the tight quarters, it was especially notable how much attention everyone paid to safety. It was clear everyone in attendance knew how to handle their rifle competently, which is important in creating a positive training environment.

I'll definitely be making more of these shoots throught the summer, and thanks Twigg for putting on such a solid event.

I never would have dreamed I could hit the target off-hand at 200yds until I did it. Slings really do help. Now if I can just adjust it.

If you don't mind me asking what sling did you get and why did you pick this one?

I don't mind at all.

I picked out the Gear Sector GS 2P

Gear Sector was recommended to me by a friend that has a couple of there single point slings and had nothing but good things
to say about the construction and customer service. This sling is a two point and with just a pull of the D ring you can quickly adjust
the length of the sling. As well, both ends of the sling buckle to the weapon for ease of removal.

This and they are American made and the company is American owned.

I had wanted this sling BEFORE the shoot. But it showed up a day late at my buddies house(we ordered two and split the shipping).
When I get it I'll do a quick review and let you know what I think of it for real. Talking with my friend since they showed up, he really likes it.

I'll try to get a review together in a few days (if work isn't too much of a nightmare this week)

I don't mind at all.

I picked out the Gear Sector GS 2P

Gear Sector was recommended to me by a friend that has a couple of there single point slings and had nothing but good things
to say about the construction and customer service. This sling is a two point and with just a pull of the D ring you can quickly adjust
the length of the sling. As well, both ends of the sling buckle to the weapon for ease of removal.

This and they are American made and the company is American owned.

I had wanted this sling BEFORE the shoot. But it showed up a day late at my buddies house(we ordered two and split the shipping).
When I get it I'll do a quick review and let you know what I think of it for real. Talking with my friend since they showed up, he really likes it.

I'll try to get a review together in a few days (if work isn't too much of a nightmare this week)
Please do. I put my QD on the Vltor stock I have and the sling sucks! It does NOT move fluidly and binds as I try to adjust. So, that being said, I am in the market for a useable sling.

Back
Top Bottom