TWELVE Shots from a .45 and still keeps coming

I think these are two different incidents. the one I remember involved a cop engaging in a literal running gunfight with a perp who was trying to get away from him but also shooting at him, etc... the BG took over 20 hits before going down.
I'm sure there are more than the one case, but it still sounds like you're describing the same event.

Several magazines across an extended gunfight, in and around multiple automobiles...finally stops with three shots to the face.

🤷‍♂️

depositphotos_116926976-stock-illustration-head-profile-and-shooting-target.jpg

That'll do Pig... that'll do.

I have close family that is LEO. Very few incidents of needing to use a firearm in duty. But there are those stories that poke through where you go "but how?" I saw a statistic somewhere (I think it was a reputable source) that 70%+ of all those shot with a handgun live (there was no discussion on round quantity, trauma level, distance etc.). It would appear that rapid loss of blood pressure is what most people describe as "stopping power," and the only effective way to end a mortal threat when it's clear that the experience of pain and trauma isn't enough to act as a deterrent.

Basically, you get someone who is on a drug(s) that jacks up the dopamine and norepinephrine levels, and you have potent recipe for someone whose neuro-chemical signals are hijacked and they can't physiologically interpret a gunshot wound like a normal human.

Then, you get this guy who wasn't on drugs, accidentally shot by the police 16 times and is alive. Man mistakenly shot by police: ‘Sometimes they make mistakes’

I think there's enough evidence across the board to say that handgun trauma is variable, and without the right placement and circumstances, can lack "stopping power."
Last time I looked into it, pistol survivability is higher than 70%. It may have dropped recently, but it's almost rare to kill someone with a pistol if there is a hospital nearby and you get treatment.

"Pistols put holes in people. Rifles put holes through people. Shotguns at the correct range and with the correct load will remove flesh and bone."
- Clint Smith

Pistols are popular for self defense because they are more convenient to carry and more concealable than long arms, but nothing you can hold in your hand is a guarantee.

All pistol calibers suck as fight stoppers.

"Despite attempts to save his life, Kevin Costlow was pronounced deceased at the scene. An autopsy was conducted on February 7, 2021 by Assistant Medical Examiner Dr. Carol Allan, M.D. The autopsy revealed that Costlow suffered thirteen (13) gunshot wounds. Ten (10) of the wounds were located in the chest area and the remaining three (3) were located in the right arm. It should be noted the evidence shows that Deputy Pruitt fired twelve (12) shots at Costlow. However, the autopsy report does list one of the gunshot wounds as being “atypical.” Furthermore, the toxicology on Costlow came back negative for the presence of drugs or alcohol"

I counted 12 shots fired in order to take him down. Where the hell did politicians get the 10 round thing from?? Did they pull the number out of their asses?
All their numbers for anything are pulled out of their asses...it's a made up number for them...these are the same people that have absolutely zero education when it comes to firearms....the shoulder thing that goes up....yeah right! :rolleyes:

"Despite attempts to save his life, Kevin Costlow was pronounced deceased at the scene. An autopsy was conducted on February 7, 2021 by Assistant Medical Examiner Dr. Carol Allan, M.D. The autopsy revealed that Costlow suffered thirteen (13) gunshot wounds. Ten (10) of the wounds were located in the chest area and the remaining three (3) were located in the right arm. It should be noted the evidence shows that Deputy Pruitt fired twelve (12) shots at Costlow. However, the autopsy report does list one of the gunshot wounds as being “atypical.” Furthermore, the toxicology on Costlow came back negative for the presence of drugs or alcohol"
It sounds like he had some sort of psychotic break, or some impairment from a prior accident. It doesn’t explain where the 13th bullet came from, though:

“As part of their investigation, the police interviewed Kevin Costlow’s brother, Steve Costlow, as well as Kevin’s wife, Vera Costlow. Steve Costlow believed that Kevin had suffered a “psychotic break.” Steve said that Kevin has recently been involved in an automobile accident and was currently taking medication due to a previous neck injury. Steve explained that Vera had called him previously and said Kevin had been talking about “dark times” coming. Steve also indicated that Kevin recently made comments about picking up their mother, taking her to confession and indicating that mom would need to have her “last rites.” On the night before the incident, Vera came over to Steve’s house at around 2:00 a.m. Steve explained that he was in the basement when he heard on knock on the door. When he answered the door, he observed Vera and she looked “as white as a ghost.” Vera had told Steve that Kevin was home naked on the floor and screaming that he was Jesus and that “they are going to crucify me.” Vera further iterated that Kevin called Vera the devil and said he was hearing voices. Vera told Steve that she was afraid for her safety because of Kevin’s behavior.
Vera Costlow stated she had noticed Kevin was very upset recently and thought it was due to a recent car accident he had been involved in. She said Kevin began saying things that made no sense, like she was the devil and he was Jesus Christ. Vera believed her husband was truly a good person and she couldn’t believe this had happened. She felt her husband just needed help. She also confirmed that around midnight on February 6th, she went to the next- door neighbor’s house (Vernon and Mary Leopard) because of concerns she had with Kevin’s behavior.
Vernon and Mary Leopard were interviewed at approximately 12:10 p.m. on February 6th, 2021. During the interview, Vernon Leopard indicated that Vera Costlow came to their house knocking on their door at approximately 12:12 a.m. The Leopards’ Ring camera had captured the interaction on video. According to Vernon, Vera indicated that Kevin was “not right.” Vernon tried to convince Vera to call 911, but Vera did not wish to because she was afraid that police would break the door down. Vernon also indicated that Kevin Costlow came to his door at 12:23 a.m. Costlow can be seen and heard on the Ring camera video stating “stay there for a little while.” Costlow then left shortly thereafter. Vernon stated Vera was very frightened throughout the incident and when she came into the Leopards’ house, she crouched in the corner as if trying to hide. Vernon asked Vera if there were any firearms in the house to which Vera replied “no.” Vera just said that Kevin was “very confused” and “agitated.” Eventually, Vernon called for an Uber driver to take Vera to her brother-in-law’s (Steve Costlow) house.”

Central nervous system is the key, it's like being punched in the head, people can take multiple shots and not go down but someone takes a punch to the right spot and lights out

All pistol calibers suck as fight stoppers.
With a couple of minor exceptions... and firearms.
And there are plenty of guys that have survived rifle fire. You still have to put the lead someplace that matters.
People believe what they see in the movies. They think bad guys really drop dead and stop moving when they get shot with a 9mm. Even when shot a whole bunch, it can take some time to succumb to your injuries, as we are all aware.
But, if you get shot with a 12ga loaded with buckshot, at close range, the wound will likely be devastating, an may immediately cause you to rethink whatever it is you were doing.

I wonder how fast he would have gone down with a head shot. He almost looked like he enjoyed it a little.
How many have watched it multiple times? 🙋

Bath salts. Dude was smoking bath salts…

But seriously has anyone seen some of those videos? Like World War Z level zombies fast and relentless.

Back
Top Bottom