TWELVE Shots from a .45 and still keeps coming

How many bullets did tsarmaev take? How many holes in the boat? He must be made of rubber.
I don't believe they even hit him while in the boat.
Could be wrong but IIRC they just shot the piss out of the boat and the neighborhood .(After being told to hold fire .)

Lol if you've never heard of the phenomenon of what I call "bad guys as bullet tampons" in gun fights with cops or military etc then you should probably do some more research. Its far more frequent phenomenon with handguns vs rifles, obviously.

One of the more chilling ones I ever heard of was one Mas Ayoob (or someone like him?) wrote about. This woman had an abusive BF/husband, she was eventually shot FIVE TIMES with a .45 ACP handgun by him, she ran out of the house and drove herself to the hospital. The hits thankfully for her sake were not in cricical areas, IIRC the worst one she had was a lung
shot, which probably would have killed her if not for prompt medical attention, but it just shows you the myth about stopping power. Apparently when the medical folks were treating her she was lucid and talking to them while sitting and laying down.

The craziest one though has to be that incident where the cop was getting into a running gunfight with some violent druggie guy, cop shot the guy like TWENTY THREE times with a .40 over the space of a few minutes of running, chasing/shooting the guy (with the guy shooting back at him). Eventually the guy was stopped but to say that "it took a while" is an understatement.

While that statistical average is in that "five shots or less" wheelhouse you hear of all the time, its obvious that is just an average. On the ends you have bad guys that are bullet tampons and then you have people stopped or even killed by one shot.

Way back in the 80s before you were a twinkle in your pappy's eye, it might even have been the very late 70s, there was a shooting in wormtown, IIRC close to Great Brook Valley. The cop sent like 8 rounds into the guy and he kept on coming. There was some community outrage over police brutality. Except WTF do you expect him to do when the PCP zombie keeps coming?

So many years, I probably forgot/misremember some details, but that and the Challenger crash are the main news stories I recall from back then.

Stopped clocks, and all that.
But there is little debate, 12 ga is very effective, very versatile and very cool.
They do have some disadvantages too.

12 guage will shit-f***. Only big problem with shotties are they're hungry, so you better practice shooting while moving to cover and reloading.

I don't believe they even hit him while in the boat.
Could be wrong but IIRC they just shot the piss out of the boat and the neighborhood .(After being told to hold fire .)
So they were zero for how many? That’s super embarrassing even by NES standards.

Or allow some guy to soak up 12 rounds of it and keep coming. Well, 11 rounds anyhow.

I'm not surprised.

Dude's clearly jacked up on drugs, he's like 110% oxygenated with adrenaline to boot.

If you consider him an engine, pumping the gas tank full of holes might remove the fuel from replenishing the engine, but the car's going to run for a little bit on what's already primed in the lines.

Don't take the lines to be blood vessels either, his muscles have power available and as long as his nerves are sending signals to use the fuel it can still be used.

And watch how fast he drops and goes out at the end. He's like those batteries that are designed to stay at 100% voltage right up until they run out of energy.

This ain't Hollywood. People keep coming under pistol fire regardless of caliber if they are determined. Many will self-preserve and go into oh-shit mode. Some don't give a muddatruck and will just keep coming until the systems shut down. Witness - that guy with the arterial neck hit in that store a few months ago. Damn.

There is no "stopping power" with handguns.

I remember when @MachineHead told me stories about drugged up dudes that can barely be held down by half a dozen adults. After that I added a 12ga to my home defense plan - you might not feel any pain from it but you can't keep walking towards me if your bones are shattered by buckshot.

That's not a bad point. Currently I have a shotgun in my arsenal. Have worked on upgrading to a 300blk. I'm wondering if that makes sense. Well, maybe both! LOL. That said, I need a lighter shotgun. Currently a 1300 Defender. Not that it's heavy, but it seems so. My 870 is much lighter, but it's my bird gun, for all the birding I do. I should get rid of the 1300 and get another 870 is what I should do.

That said, I need a lighter shotgun. Currently a 1300 Defender. Not that it's heavy, but it seems so. My 870 is much lighter, but it's my bird gun, for all the birding I do. I should get rid of the 1300 and get another 870 is what I should do.
Sounds like a good excuse to swap their roles: get a bird barrel for the 1300 and a short barrel for the 870.

"Pistols put holes in people. Rifles put holes through people. Shotguns at the correct range and with the correct load will remove flesh and bone."
- Clint Smith

Pistols are popular for self defense because they are more convenient to carry and more concealable than long arms, but nothing you can hold in your hand is a guarantee.

All pistol calibers suck as fight stoppers.
Here's the quote:

Sounds like a good excuse to swap their roles: get a bird barrel for the 1300 and a short barrel for the 870.

Yeah. Or sell the 1300 and get a used 870. It'll cost me, but I'd rather have 2 870's. Something about that action is butter-smooth. I even put my 590 up for sale - it might be more durable, but it will never be as smooth.

Back
Top Bottom