• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Turtleboy Crisis: We Are Under Attack And Will Not Exist Moving Forward Without Help From Turtle Rid

MachineHead

NES Member
Turtleboy Crisis: We Are Under Attack And Will Not Exist Moving Forward Without Help From Turtle Riders

If you enjoy reading the best local news and investigative reporting, support a local group of people who have uncovered local scandals the MSM has ignored.

I want to continue running Turtleboy Sports because I believe in it. I know the great things that this blog has done:

• Exposed huge scandals with the state police and probation departments
  • Exposed political corruption at all levels of government
  • Fought for people like teachers, cops, and firefighters
  • Helped find missing and stolen pets
  • Helped bring countless criminals to justice by identifying them
  • Helped local businesses rebound after being unfairly attacked by mobs
  • Helped victims of domestic abuse like Samantha Cardin
  • Raised money for the families of people who lost loved ones in tragedies
  • Helped reunite mothers with their children by liberating them from people like Michael Cadena
I could go on and on. Yes, we use colorful language often, but at the end of the day we accomplish all of those things in the process.

But the fact of the matter is that we need help, which is why I’m humbly coming to you today. In order for Turtleboy to continue we could use the following:

• An attorney who truly believes in free speech and is willing to do some pro-bono work in order to fight speech bullies like George Leontire.
  • A salesman to sell advertising space in various formats on Turtleboy to local businesses. This would be on a commission basis with no ceiling. We have over 75,000 people a day visit our website. A good salesperson could find a way to monetize that, since publications like Worcester Magazine, which no one reads, are filled with ads.
  • Local businesses to advertise with Turtleboy. If you own a business and you want to reach a large and growing audience, AND support free speech in the process, this is the ideal place to advertise. We will defend you to the end of the earth and turtle riders will patronize your business in order to support us.
  • Donate to the Turtle fund or buy something in the Turtleboy store. We have a PayPal button, and I know a lot of you reading this have already donated, so don’t feel like you owe us anything. I don’t want to do a paywall like the Boston Globe. Instead, we want people to donate to us because they value what we do and are willing to contribute to it when possible.
  • Purchase the $10 a month ad free package. You can purchase that by clicking here. This is the easiest way to help us out. If 500, out of our 75,000 daily visitors (0.5% of you), purchased this package, a lot of our problems would be solved. We wouldn’t have to worry about losing advertisers and other things that are completely out of our control. It wouldn’t help us fight the lawsuits, but it would help us continue to create content.
  • We’re looking for an investor as well. Someone who sees the potential in an outlet like this and wants to take it to the next level.
I want to do this for the rest of my life. I want Turtleboy to grow and spread everywhere. I think what we do is important and makes a difference in society. But ultimately it can’t happen without your support, because the people we expose are often wealthy and will use their power to try to silence us. If Turtleboy is something you’d like to see continue then we graciously appreciate any and all help turtle riders can offer. We love you all.

TurtleBoy has jumped the shark.

I am going to pay 10 dollars a month to read rants about people parking in HP spaces?

It just isn't interesting to me anymore. Just the same stuff day after day after day.

Yes, someone at MSP spoon fed him 2 really good stories, but the rest of them?

He was going on a while back about working on a deal with a couple of Boston radio shows ( Howie Carr being one, a Morning Drive show IIRC being the other.... neither deal came to fruition.... I would not want to be named in the lawsuits that are bound to come, and even if frivolous you have to spend money defending them.

One story this week, a bunch of college (female) students put the names of alleged sexual predators up on campus.
The Campus removes the fliers and graffiti, TB publishes a picture of the poster WITH ALL THE NAMES, while reaming the female student for being SJW's.
I'm sure the male students are not happy, but what recourse do the have? Against TB... none ... it is "news reporting"

Here is an idea, STOP MAKING STUPID PEOPLE FAMOUS. TBS is all about making stupid people famous. I don't feel the need to pay to do so, I live part time in Florida, my morning newspapers (online) have much better material without the made up word name calling.... and note the use of made up terms used on TBS, they are not there to point out the MENSA members, but since the words do not exist, any inference is by the reader and not the writer. That is TBS's way of getting around libel, defamation of character, etc IMHO.

If Uncle Turtleboy wants to be a meter maid and enforce parking rules, let him apply for the job at city hall

Yes, someone at MSP spoon fed him 2 really good stories, but the rest of them?

That is some fake news right there. You should be ashamed. I have seen at least a couple dozen blow it wide open never gonna hear about it anywhere else news stories. Give credit where it’s due man. My only gripe is the garbage website that freezes and keeps reloading the page to the point of giving up.

I get that some people see it how they see bump fire stocks. They’re not fans (to each their own) and they don’t care that those stocks are now illegal - but the idea of free speech being cut inch by inch is what gets me. TurtkeBoy Sports are not fans of the AG’s and Rachel Rollins’ policies, so that alone makes them an ally.

Ironically enough TBS and BFS have two things in common - they can’t help but make you laugh.

Last edited:
My biggest issue with TB is he/they were trying so hard to be classified as journalist, but then chose to "cover" terrible stories and/or just wanted to be internet bullies to shitty people. Im fine with either, but pick a path and become good at one.

My biggest issue with TB is he/they were trying so hard to be classified as journalist, but then chose to "cover" terrible stories and/or just wanted to be internet bullies to shitty people. Im fine with either, but pick a path and become good at one.

the bar to be journalist is really low, so low you can't even scrape it off the floor. Pretty much every fake news agency is whoring out for something.

Part of the problem is he spends too much time posting meaningless crap.... so some gutter trash from NB or Fa River wrote something dumb on faceplant.... shocking!!!

Plus his site, at least at one point, had lots of ad lard. Basically his plane never took off and he's running out of runway..

That is some fake news right there. You should be ashamed. I have seen at least a couple dozen blow it wide open never gonna hear about it anywhere else news stories. Give credit where it’s due man. My only gripe is the garbage website that freezes and keeps reloading the page to the point of giving up.
That's part of the problem the vehicle delivering the product sucks....

They break some good and big stories that “the news” refuses to cover. And they are able to promote a story to the point where “the news” is forced to cover it. That said, I find it nearly unreadable. To me it comes off as written by a teenage girl with a grudge against another teenage girl. Far too much name calling and generally not well written.

IMO if they clean up the language and grammar it would give them a ton more credibility. It would also appeal to a lot wider audience.

I wish that turtle boy would invest some articles writing about the politicians and media in Massachusetts and not just the welfare cheats, although that's also important to keep a spotlight on that since liberals claim it doesn't exist. We have so much liberal friendly toxic news in this state it shouldn't be very difficult to produce better content and to publish the stories that the mainstream media wants to overlook in order to keep a nice rosey picture being painted.

They break some good and big stories that “the news” refuses to cover. And they are able to promote a story to the point where “the news” is forced to cover it. That said, I find it nearly unreadable. To me it comes off as written by a teenage girl with a grudge against another teenage girl. Far too much name calling and generally not well written.

IMO if they clean up the language and grammar it would give them a ton more credibility. It would also appeal to a lot wider audience.

Great point. What we suffer from in this blue bubble is what I like to call 'news by omission'. These are important news stories that matter and are far closer to home than any 'titanic struggle' going on in Washington, but strangely these stories never make the "news" around here. They are simply omitted. My local news site never printed a single story about the terror attack in Sri Lanka. Not one. When they did they did actually have the cojones to not say "easter worshippers" instead of christians.

the bar to be journalist is really low, so low you can't even scrape it off the floor. Pretty much every fake news agency is whoring out for something.

You hush your moufff! Journalists are Mary Tyler Moore and Ritchie Freaking Cunningham, dammit! They took down Nixon for flip's sake!

[rofl][rofl]

They do break some news you won't see anywhere else. But their website is a bubbling cauldron of pop ups, redirects, browser hijacks, etc. Stopped visiting a long time ago because of it. Don't even dare click on the link above.

Turtle is doing a good job. I like the dark shaming, mixed in with actual news.. But I do understand if he wants to reach the next level. They have to back it down.

The media has gone unchecked for far too long.

They have actually gotten 95% of the pop-ups fixed. I only get 1 when I log in and its their own advertising the ad-free service.

His book is better than the blog. And I read the blog and find it entertaining (most to all of the time) and informative (some of the time). Either way, I wish him and his team well.

[rofl]

Back
Top Bottom