• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Turned an M&P magwell into a P226 magwell on JR Carbine

I did my most advanced "gunsmithing" work yet - I turned a magwell for a 9mm M&P magazine into a magwell for a P226 magazine. This is on my 9mm Just Right Carbine - takedown.

I used 10 set screws (10-32 x 1/4") to reduce the size of the well and had to file down the mag catch to fit the smaller slot. The other two set screws are at the bottom of the back of the magwell. The magwell separates from the trigger housing allowing me to get back there. I ran 80 rounds of FMJ through it today with no failures! I need to try hollow points next.

P226-Magwell.jpg

I did my most advanced "gunsmithing" work yet - I turned a magwell for a 9mm M&P magazine into a magwell for a P226 magazine. This is on my 9mm Just Right Carbine - takedown.

I used 10 set screws (10-32 x 1/4") to reduce the size of the well and had to file down the mag catch to fit the smaller slot. The other two set screws are at the bottom of the back of the magwell. The magwell separates from the trigger housing allowing me to get back there. I ran 80 rounds of FMJ through it today with no failures! I need to try hollow points next.

View attachment 694875
I would like more picture and placement of screws

Sadly moving to hollow points caused a complete failure. I made more changes (shimming and grinding the feedramp) and then it started failing with ball ammo. At this point I think I'm going to stick with the glock magwell instead.

If you still want I can take pictures when I change it over. Or, I'd be up for selling it if you want to try.

Back
Top Bottom