Turn me onto slides for p80 g19

Have a couple p940c (I think that's right, glock 19 versions), will put them together over the winter, looks like parts are around again, been looking at slides. Really all I'm going for is good simple stock glock sort of quality, nothing fancy, cheap and good is great, just want regular sights, a vanilla build is all I'm going for but also don't want to cheap out and be fighting with junk parts.

I see slides from barely over $100 to $700 out there and never tinkered with this stuff, what should I be looking for? In NH can order from wherever. Thx in advance!

I never did a P80, but I would not settle for anything less than OEM Glock - If I were to make one.

I bet the cost of slides is very high due to the demand of slides for P80's.

Big Tex ordnance regularly has OEM 9mm Glock slides in stock. Sometimes they have .40 S&W slides in stock if that’s your thing.

Hmm good point on the barells too, could go either way but in my mind was thinking I could spring for a couple slides now and scrape barrels off another paycheck down the road. That seems a reasonable price for complete. Am going 9mm, basically sticking with everything native.

I never did a P80, but I would not settle for anything less than OEM Glock - If I were to make one.

I bet the cost of slides is very high due to the demand of slides for P80's.

I'm not sure really what's high price wise, is new to me also. But I feel like, similar to say an AR upper/lower etc, doesn't seem like Glock is the only one who can follow a pattern. With a zillion companies out there making the stuff plenty of competition too. Was definitely a run going on those parts but seems to have cooled down some like everything else.

Based on personal experience I would recommend both Brownells and Aim Surplus slides. Both good quality and sold by companies with good service in the rare chance you have trouble.

there are places selling new stock OEM complete Glock 19 Gen3 slides, personally I'd get one of those, they are serialized though, the slide and barrel numbers match.

Good luck with the P80 lower and getting parts to fit, screw up a P80 part and you are going to be hard pressed to find a replacement part

BigTex is very high right now at over 400 dollars for a Glock slide..... by the time you get a lower, parts kit, and 2 magazines you might as well buy new

there are places selling new stock OEM complete Glock 19 Gen3 slides, personally I'd get one of those, they are serialized though, the slide and barrel numbers match.

Good luck with the P80 lower and getting parts to fit, screw up a P80 part and you are going to be hard pressed to find a replacement part

BigTex is very high right now at over 400 dollars for a Glock slide..... by the time you get a lower, parts kit, and 2 magazines you might as well buy new
Who cares if the slide and barrel have a serial?

Those parts are not the gun.

My point was kind of aimed at the ghost gun no SN folks, if you are building a P80, some people want zero traceability.

Having a factory SN on some of the parts lets the parts be traced to a certain point, if not further

These guys are running deals till the end of the month. Check in daily.

Buy oem slides if you want your 19 to look like an old ugly shoebox. 😉

I am not sure why people buy OEM slides. They are ugly AF and there are a sh*t ton of aftermarket slides that fit just fine.

I am not sure why people buy OEM slides. They are ugly AF and there are a sh*t ton of aftermarket slides that fit just fine.
I do because I know it will be completely reliable and as a whole package is generally cheaper than doing a good quality whole aftermarket setup. The only cheaper aftermarket setups are ones of questionable quality.

FC4BC936-C5A7-4379-A034-DBEC414D75AE.jpeg

Unless you’re looking for a threaded barrel, RMR cut, or a specific looking slide, OEM complete slides are good value … for a home build. Obviously a whole complete Glock is a better value, especially if you can use their blue discount.

Wuelf makes some cool complete slides with stainless barrels. Prices have come down for their stuff. Made in Germany. $328 shipped. Compare that to Agency Arms or Zaffiri.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Provided these are known to be of quality I think this is about what I had in mind initially, $180 for the stripped slide:

Although to some extent I agree, it's not a major issue, I do have mixed thoughts on taking an unserialized frame and putting a serialized slide on it.

For me, I own a factory G19, if I really want to shoot one a bunch I will reach for that, these are more a novelty and part of the cool factor is no serial #s. Isn't a tin foil hat thing just part of what's neat about doing it this way. But I don't want to put garbage parts in there either, even if they never see 1000 rounds.

Back
Top Bottom