• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Turn In Your Neighbor/Get $500

this is how "gun control" will really be accomplished...

"...under the spreading chestnut tree, I betrayed you and you betrayed me..."

It depends if I like the neighbor or not. If I hate him with the passion or if hes a nutjob, you damn right I will rat. If I find him a reasonable gun guy who hunts or offers to take me with him or I can actually converse with him like an adult on things, then hes on the good list.

It depends if I like the neighbor or not. If I hate him with the passion or if hes a nutjob, you damn right I will rat. If I find him a reasonable gun guy who hunts or offers to take me with him or I can actually converse with him like an adult on things, then hes on the good list.

I'm glad I'm not your neighbor. No better than the rest of the hypocrites who think they should be able to control the rights of free men.

You'd better hope they don't offer rewards for reporting stupidity.

Wow, some of your posts amaze me. If you do this I would really start to watch your back, you know those rednecks do not like being ratted on.

Im sure most NY residents wont call in to report local police men/ stations from carrying more than 10 rounds (even though it is anonymous), but I will split the reward if anyone wants to start an interstate call in to report on police from people outside of the state......

... if you send in photos of officers with hi-cap mags, with a date stamp, i will report it for you....

Worried about tracing?

Create a random Gmail account, then use Google Voice to call. It's free for domestic calls and it traces directly to Google's number, then from Google to whatever internet cafe, library, unsuspecting scapegoat's PC you happen to be using.

[thumbsup]

Other evidence would definitely be needed UNLESS they were able to satisfy a two prong test of the witness... So if someone called up and stated "my name is Joe Smith i live at 89 main st. and I just saw a RPG in the house with my own eyes because I was invited there and I know the guy" Then yes that'd be a pretty strong case of P/C to either search immediately if it was an emergency, or sit on the house and get a warrant. My point is you can't just anonymously call something in and then people ransack the house, need other things to build your case.
Unless you live in New York!

You folks are over thinking this...

Start calling in "tips" on every random NY name and address you can get your hands on. Don't bother focusing on the people responsible... let everyone in that state feel the pain. A vocal and powerful minority (the gun grabbers) are injuring a weak minority (gun folks)... let the pain come to the majority, and watch the fun.

Hell... want to watch some real fun happen? find Every urban NY youth you can on FB, and call those folks in. There's a good chance that many of them voted for the same type on nanny state idiots that propagate this shit, and theres even a chance some of them will have "illegal guns". After a few hood scumbags get nailed, maybe NY will really burn with riots and we can watch the fun as the statist machine eats itself.

I think everyone is really over thinking this if they think anything will actually happen when they put a tip in. If you guys think if u "anonymously" put a tip in saying someone has a gun that you'll then see their house raided 10 mins later your nuts. That's not even remotely how these tip lines work. I get it some of you guys are joking (i hope) but for those that seriously think you can call and have any effect... no. ESPECIALLY with gun cases. You bet your a** that there might be unmarked cars or detectives rolling around and asking questions, maybe. but no raids. Sorry guys this isn't the movies...

umm you ever hear of swating? people have died that way.

what i want to know is this...since the NY SAFE act doesn't exempt law enforcement does this mean if i see a police officer on duty with a hi cap in his service pistol will I get $500 if I turn him in?

So if 1000 or so people call this number a couple of times a day, would it break?

Not totally relevant, but it's Putin:

putin-stop-snitching.gif

Except this generally require a successful prosecution for a reward. All this requires is an arrest based on probable cause.

oOo

- - - Updated - - -

I think everyone is really over thinking this if they think anything will actually happen when they put a tip in. If you guys think if u "anonymously" put a tip in saying someone has a gun that you'll then see their house raided 10 mins later your nuts. That's not even remotely how these tip lines work. I get it some of you guys are joking (i hope) but for those that seriously think you can call and have any effect... no. ESPECIALLY with gun cases. You bet your a** that there might be unmarked cars or detectives rolling around and asking questions, maybe. but no raids. Sorry guys this isn't the movies...

Yea, right, lots of man hours and planning goes into every single raid, just ask jose.

and no, it isn't the movies, it's worse than the movies.

What makes this 'hotline' absurd is the reward. Otherwise, it's just overhyped BS because of the hypersensitive gun environment we're in. Turning people in for illegal activity is nothing novel.

What will end up happening, if this stupid hotline ever gets traction, is that anybody who is even seen with a gun will end up being reported. Cops will waste tons of time investigating and making visits to harmless lawful gun owners. And Mr. Neighbor will gladly make the anonymous call figuring 'what the hell, might as well.....could get me $500 clams!".

What makes this 'hotline' absurd is the reward. Otherwise, it's just overhyped BS because of the hypersensitive gun environment we're in. Turning people in for illegal activity is nothing novel.

What will end up happening, if this stupid hotline ever gets traction, is that anybody who is even seen with a gun will end up being reported. Cops will waste tons of time investigating and making visits to harmless lawful gun owners. And Mr. Neighbor will gladly make the anonymous call figuring 'what the hell, might as well.....could get me $500 clams!".
"SWATing"

No consequence filing of false police reports as a vindictive tool against anyone you dont like. Just... Awesome... (in that, "how the hell can this happen in America?" way...)

[angry2]

"SWATing"

No consequence filing of false police reports as a vindictive tool against anyone you dont like. Just... Awesome... (in that, "how the hell can this happen in America?" way...)

[angry2]

Yeah, no one ever files a false police report with regard to scorned lovers...

oOo

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, right, lots of man hours and planning goes into every single raid, just ask jose.

and no, it isn't the movies, it's worse than the movies.

He wasn't around during the time when the Jose thread was running, so your reference may be lost on him. Might be good to put a link into that epic thread for him to occupy a few weeks reading![wink]

Back
Top Bottom