• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Turkeys

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
Just got a call from son Scott in Mason, NH. He had surgery to repair a broken heel from a fall off a ladder. He can't move around without crutches, and even that is difficult. So, he was sitting in his back porch with the door open when two toms and three jakes walked into the yard. The closest gun was a 12 ga double which he managed to get to. Now, on crutches, a heavy gun, away from his chair, and the thought of the recoil knocking him on his butt, he gave up on the idea and watched the birds walk away. He plans to be better prepared next time. He has a lot of turkeys that come for the bird seed, so It may happen soon. Jack.

I hope your friend gets better soon.

I can't shoot turkeys in my yard. I think they know that. They taunt me so......

Well, Scott has 13 acres and is off the road, so no issues there. Jack.

Nice!!!! My turkeys keep taunting me. They come right up to my back steps. Then they saunter over to the neighbors yard. she feeds them....but I know they are looking at me. They know I would eat them. That's why they taunt me.

Back
Top Bottom