• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Turkey Shoot This Sunday (11/18) at the Shirley Rod and Gun Club

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
Please join us at the Shirley Rod and Gun Club this Sunday (11/18) for our Annual Turkey Shoot.

We give away over 250 turkeys to the winners of the various marksmanship contests that we run continuously throughout the day.

Even if you can barely hit the target, you have a 1-in-6 chance of winning a turkey. All firearms and ammo are supplied by the club (unless you want to shoo trap, in which case you'll need to bring your own shotgun and ammo.

Some of the games are more luck than skill, while the various bullseye games require that you hit what you aim at.

One of the bullseye games uses the S&W .500 with my Nuclear Loads.

It starts at 9:00 and goes until we run out of turkeys (usually about 2:00).

You can get more information here: http://www.shirleyrodandgunclub.com/turkeyshoot.html

Admission is free, it's $5 to shoot at each heat/game, and we can accommodate kids as young as 6 for some of the games, although not most of the bullseye stuff.

Nuclear Loads? I might drive an hour to shoot that.

It's probably not too much different from the only handgun I've shot, the 92FS.

My club was having an archery "turkey shoot". You need to specify that nobody will be shooting at turkeys.

Back
Top Bottom