Turkey Hunting

I was home on Tuesday, and I had the windows open. I could hear hens clucking, so I picked up my slate call and started talking to them. I couldn't get any of them to come closer, nor could I stir up a gobbler, but it was kinda fun.

Man, I saw driving in Sherborn today, and saw 8 of them wandering around in the road. Beautiful critters. I came close to hopping out of my car and trying to catch one w/o a weapon. :)

Any good reserves/guide areas for newbies open now? First year with my license.

Went to Harold Parker this morning, tried calling with my box call for turkeys..no luck.....anyone know where else I should try to look for turkeys (other than backyards!)

there wicked quiet lately... i got hom efor hunting and started workin on my g/f car.. decided to give a few cALLS (no gobbles) so i continued working when I see a huge gobbler walking in around looking all over the place! i grabbed my gun and it took off running!

Going to try Winchendon next week, went and bought a crow and owl call today...Lets give it a shot again!

Good luck to other hunters!

I went out Sat morning and was on two Toms all morning I spooked them several times. I was there after sun rise so wasn't able to put down decoys without being spotted.

Bottom line is I found where they are and it is only a matter of time at this point.

I am going out on Sat again this week in Uxbridge if anyone is interested in going out let me know.

I went out Sat morning and was on two Toms all morning I spooked them several times. I was there after sun rise so wasn't able to put down decoys without being spotted.

Bottom line is I found where they are and it is only a matter of time at this point.

I am going out on Sat again this week in Uxbridge if anyone is interested in going out let me know.

Best of luck. I want pics if you succeed [smile]

I've been calling them from the back deck. I'm hearing some calls but the best was a stealth tom who was about 100' away and I had no clue he was there until I heard the leaves and saw him wandering my way.

woke up at 3 AM , arrived at birch hill wma at 5AM...heard some gobbling, but didnt see squat...wasted my morning [crying]..

Ham Slam, let me know when you go to Uxbridge next time.....

Back
Top Bottom