turkey hunting

OK, is there a ban on firing a gun in Worcester? Is there a ban on hunting? Can one hunt turkey with something other than a firearm? How about a bow or crossbow or pellet gun?

More in general, does one even need to use a weapon to "hunt" turkey? What if you just catch it and break its neck?

I'm just curious, because I know where there are a bunch of turkeys which are practically tame, but are within city limits. Otherwise, I also know where there are some in other towns which fit the same description.

Thanks.

Trying to hunt Turkey with a pellet gun would be like trying to jerk off to a picture of Janet Reno. It just ain't gonna get the job done.

A .22 cal pellet at 900fps or so in the eye should stop it pretty quick I would think.

Now that we're talking Turkey - pretty funny the other day I'm at the range shooting some steel and some turkeys go walking by down-range from the target like they don't even care. Now I know we have a "no hunting" policy on the range, but how do the turkeys know about it? I mean, what if there was an "accident"? :)

Now that we're talking Turkey - pretty funny the other day I'm at the range shooting some steel and some turkeys go walking by down-range from the target like they don't even care. Now I know we have a "no hunting" policy on the range, but how do the turkeys know about it? I mean, what if there was an "accident"? :)

And technically you're not hunting them....they found you [wink]

Reminds me of a time I was on the range on a navy base in San Diego shooting 45's....a hapless jackrabbit bounded out of the sage brush....[sad2]

Back
Top Bottom