• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Turkey hunting is easy....

F*cking turkeys. I have yet to even see one where they'd be legal to shoot. It's like they know they're safe from hunters when they're standing on the side of the road or in someone's yard. [frown]

F*cking turkeys. I have yet to even see one where they'd be legal to shoot. It's like they know they're safe from hunters when they're standing on the side of the road or in someone's yard. [frown]

THEY KNOW

I have seen dozens of turkeys where they are legal to shoot. In deer season, of course. During turkey season Seal team six couldn't find them!

NO S**T!! I saw my first tom turkey chiiling on the side of rt 1 a few days ago around 8am he had a couple ladies on his side too

Is it legal to run up and tackle one for dinner? because i probibly could have done that last year, they were everywhere around my house then.

Was hunting on Saturday, walked in 50yds and two birds blow out of the tree above me. I make my way to the stand and low and behold come light i see about 12 turkeys roosted up in the trees above me. There i shit you not a big mother probably the size of a large beach ball thing had to weigh 30 pounds.

Goddamn turkey season should go all the way to december

That's why I use a garotte...

I got incredibly lucky my first season.

My father and I went out behind his house first thing in the morning and couldn't find anything. So after about an hour of walking and calling we went back to the house to have some coffee to regroup.

While sitting on the back porch sipping my coffee, I picked up my box call and yelped a few times and we heard gobbles across the street. So we put down our coffees and picked up our gear and trotted off across the street.

Long story short, within five minutes of putting down the coffee. We had three jakes 10 yards in front of us.
I walked away from that experience thinking it was easy.

BOY WAS I WRONG!

Back
Top Bottom