Turkey Against Russia, Iran and Europe

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vladimir Putin met in the Kremlin with President of the Republic of Turkey Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who is in Russia on a working visit.

The two leaders discussed the Syrian crisis and possible measures to settle it in the context of the recent aggravation in the Idlib de-escalation zone.

Beginning of Russian-Turkish talks in restricted format

President of Russia Vladimir Putin:
Good afternoon, Mr President.

Thank you for coming to Russia. As usual, we have things to discuss. The situation in the Idlib zone in Syria has deteriorated so much that we need to have a direct and personal discussion.

First of all, I would like to express our sincere condolences over the death of your military personnel in Syria. Loss of life is always a big tragedy.

Regrettably, as I have told you by telephone, nobody, including the Syrian military, was aware of your troops’ location. At the same time, there were casualties among Syrian servicemen as well. The Syrian army reported major losses.

Therefore, we need to discuss everything and analyse the current developments so that, first, this does not happen again and, second, that this does not damage Russian-Turkish relations, which I know that you value as well.

As you requested, we are ready to begin our talks one-on-one, and then our colleagues, who are with us in this room, will join us, if necessary.

SHOCKNAWE

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Not that I believe this cease fire will last but I’m glad that they are at least playing like they are working g it out. Honestly part of me wanted to see Russia get their ass kicked, I believe in a major land confrontation they would since they don’t border them and they cannot project the power they would need to win. Obviously I would not want NATO to get involved or it to escalate to a Nuclear exchange but yes I do think Russia would not win a land war with Turkey

Randy Lahey

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Man, Greece doesn’t need this. Beautiful country and they do not have the resources to support this horde. I would like to visit again one day but things keep getting worse for them. Maybe it’s time for them to make Istanbul Constantinople again.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It's looking pretty bad over there. I have cousins in the military and police there. France pledged to send warships weeks ago and Poland said they're sending troops. Looks like my summer trip to Greece is gonna have to wait.

Last edited:

djbradles

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's looking pretty bad over there. I have cousins in the military and police there. France pledged to send warships weeks ago and Poland said they're sending troops. Looks like my summer trip to Greece is gonna have to wait.
August is a great time to go. Do you expect western Europe to defend Greece though? They would love to turn their backs and let Greece become their “lamb to slaughter”. This migrant chaos will fracture Europe indefinitely.

djbradles

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Man, Greece doesn’t need this. Beautiful country and they do not have the resources to support this horde. I would like to visit again one day but things keep getting worse for them. Maybe it’s time for them to make Istanbul Constantinople again.
#MBGA

Randy Lahey

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hopefully this will mark the beginning of the end of the “welcoming committee” that Europe has had for these poor disparate “refugees”. The attitude of “well our population is aging out and we need them to replace us” is pretty disturbing. Go Greece! Repel the horde!

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The latest situation update from the ground:

There are 13,000 refugees stuck in the area between Greece and Turkey. Out of those 50% are from Afghanistan, 20% from Syria, rest of them are from Congo, Iran, Iraq and Palestine. 40% are adult men, 40% are kids and young adults from 3 to 18 years old, 20% women. They are receiving limited support from the Turkish side but they are not allowed to go back to Turkey.

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1236367414130073603

10thSFFD

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My family's homeland is taking in some of the Syrians.
#mistake
The Syrians which are being released by Erdogan now are from prisons and from areas still under the control of ISIS. No other Syrians are allowed to move anywhere. Erdogan operates a huge refugee camp with almost 1 million of "average" Syrian refugees. This camp is also used a hostage during negotiations with European Union. Nobody is allowed to leave from there. Greek islands are full of refugees from Africa, Afghanistan, Palestine, Iraq and Iran, what West calls "Syrian refugees".

Waher

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boston Gun & Rifle and Braintree Rifle & Pistol
August is a great time to go. Do you expect western Europe to defend Greece though? They would love to turn their backs and let Greece become their “lamb to slaughter”. This migrant chaos will fracture Europe indefinitely.
If Europe doesn't defend Greece then those invaders will be in their countries shortly.

Putin is about to have 'the emperor has no clothes' moment too if Turkey decides to continue to kick the Syrian armed forces around without Russia responding to open warfare against an ally.

The EU and Russia are about to be tested and I think both are going to fail miserably. They kept up the appearances of a house while the floor boards and foundation rotted away. Now the big bad wolf is at the door and they are f***ed.

Top Bottom