• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tumbling Tumbler

rep308

NES Member
Note to self: Next time run the vibrating case cleaner on the floor because it will end up there anyway. Maybe putting 11 coats of gloss varnish on the reloading bench wasn't a good idea.

It was real fun when it vibrated itself off the bench and crashed at about 2 AM this morning. Fortunately we didn't get attacked by underground ....god damn monsters:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0100814/quotes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHCvgNx71kg

Last edited:
My tumbler sits on a piece of non-skid shelf lining vinyl that I pick up at Wal-Mart in a poll. It stops the unit from walking across the bench.

I'll just keep mine running on the basement floor, it seems to make less noise that way also. I've been cleaning a couple thousand rifle casings, 12 hour per shift.

Lamp timer....Awesome idea! Thanks!

Be a little careful with these timers. In particular, some, particularly those that involve remote controls, allow a small amount of current to trickle through the circuit in order to permit the remote signal to be received without separate access to the neutral wire. When used with a motor, this current will burn out the windings.

RKG,
This is the lamp timer I use:

P6300181-1.jpg

Do you think I need to be concerned with any of the cautions you mentioned?

I've been using this timer with the case cleaner for about ten years. Would any of the problems you mentioned have manifested themselves by now?

Live Free, Andy

RKG,
This is the lamp timer I use:

P6300181-1.jpg

Do you think I need to be concerned with any of the cautions you mentioned?

I've been using this timer with the case cleaner for about ten years. Would any of the problems you mentioned have manifested themselves by now?

Live Free, Andy

I use the same timer. But after having it fail to shut off once I put in a couple extra red tabs. I don't use any green ones because I don't want it to turn back on again.

Back
Top Bottom