Tug of war

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My daughter who is in kindergarten was telling me about her day in school. They had field day and she said the most tiring event was tug-of-rope. I said I think you mean tug-of-war honey but she insisted it was rope, that's what all the teachers called it.

Have we reached the point were you can't even say the word "war" around kids? Some one needs to inform these teachers that just because you don't say the words war or gun or shooting doesn't make those things go away. Hiding things from children won't help protect them.

I'm waiting for the text books to start referring to World Conflict I and in art class kids will use hot glue dispensers!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
come on now this is "protecting the children"...from the evil things that happen in LIFE and its realities.

Ripach

NES Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Sit indian style and ask her what that position is called. My kids were indoctrinated to believe it is called criss-cross applesauce. I have since reprogrammed them.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Holy Crap you're kidding!! they can still play that in schools? what if someone gets hurt? what about rope burns? if someone falls down then what? what happens if one side successfully pulls the other side across the line, has no one considered how that might make some of the kids feel? is there a selectperson I can write a letter to or something?

Evadd

NES Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Holy Crap you're kidding!! they can still play that in schools? what if someone gets hurt? what about rope burns? if someone falls down then what? what happens if one side successfully pulls the other side across the line, has no one considered how that might make some of the kids feel? is there a selectperson I can write a letter to or something?
Although I feel the sarcasm, my first thought when I read the OP was "I'm surprised they are even allowing kids to play that game at all."

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I don't have any kid's but there are times when I read about this kind of stuff going on in the school system and wonder if any of these teachers had a real childhood with the required bumps,bruises,cuts,scrapes and possible broken arm,legs and what not. You'd think that someone would grow a pair and ask what planet are you from. Is it to late to turn in my membership to the human race?

rjh200

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
My 2 yr old does therapy and the "indian style" sitting is one of the things they have him working on. I cringe every time I hear the therapist say the crip, cross, crap. Then the second she leaves I work on teaching him the right way!

kurtb

NES Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Although I feel the sarcasm, my first thought when I read the OP was "I'm surprised they are even allowing kids to play that game at all."
How do they make it so that both teams win?

Golddiggie

NES Member
Rating - 97.6%
40   1   0
Since everyone gets a trophy these days, there are no losers. [rolleyes]

What baffles me is that they fill kids heads with all the PC crap, and then wonder why those kids have such issues when they get into the real world. It's never the indoctrination camps fault though. Just like with king O, they can do no wrong.[puke2]

WallHack

Banned
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I always thought that sitting Indian style was from India the country then again what do I know.
Racist b*stard.

Just kidding. IIRC its from how "Native Americans" used to sit, never heard the India connection.

I'm 22, and I've never heard this "criss-cross applesauce" nonsense until just now. Is it just because "applesauce" rhymes? I don't get it.

Last edited:

new guy

NES Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
They put all the kids who want to participate on one side and tie the other end of the rope around the few kids who want to do their own thing. Since the collectivists are usually set up to win, they invariably end up dragging the more independent minded children along with them.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
be happy there was a level of competition to it. It could very well have been a rope tied to a tree. wouldn't want the weak kids to get their feelings hurt when the strong kids dragged em across the playground now would ya? After all its for the children...[rolleyes]

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you stop using words, people ether start using others words that represent the same thing and then later on are treated as beeing the same as the word it replaced, or people make up new slang words that agen later on become just the same as the word it replaced.

Its stupid

What do thay think will happen, people in the future wont get killed because there is not a word for it,

In the Future)

Officer) detective what happend Here?
Detective) I dont know this man is dead.
Officer) how did it happen
detective) he died from multiple stab wounds,
Officer) so what do you make of all this
detective) it would appere to be a m..... A mu...... It would seem to be a accidental death, he must have fallen on his knife meny times, nothing to see here

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Oh man, rope burns??? Have you not heard of the true dangers from this disgusting display of barbarity?!
Two high school students lose fingers during tug-of-war - U.S. News
Man loses four fingers in tug-of-war contest | News.com.au

Top Bottom