Tuesday 3-22-16 RI Judiciary Committee Hearings - We Must Show Up In Force Folks

I am really worried about the lack of information and concern on part of RI gun owners in regards to the horrible laws that will be on the table on the 22nd.

We are talking confiscation of mags over 10 rounds. Don't say it won't happen. We had a republican controlled senate when I lived in NY and they stabbed us in the back and passed Cuomo's un-Safe Act.

We must show up in force and protest these tyrannical laws.

The hearing will be held on the 22nd at around 4PM in room 101. You can show up in support or sign up to speak. There are a few pro gun bills being considered also.

Please make the effort to BE THERE.

If we show up in force this will be defeated yet again.

If we do not there is risk of some of these getting through and if that happens we will be making angry posts about it the morning after... That is not the thing to do. We should speak out BEFORE this becomes a problem!

Last edited:
Absolutely. I don't know how strong the 2A climate is in RI but it would suck to see standard magazines be a thing of the past. I plan on being there to support 7541 and the RI gun owners who show up.

OP - also check out

Rhode Island
2nd Amendment Coalition

ETA: A pastor in RI who shoots! Wow, that's a rare bird for sure. Usually we see the men and women of the cloth holding up anti-2A signs at the Mom's rallys.

Not this priest. You won't see me trying to stifle the 2nd.

I was born in Ukraine when it was still the USSR and my grandfather was thrown into a Stalinist Gulag for 13 years.

I know the importance of being able to protect oneself from tyrannical government first hand.

I stood up for the 2nd upstate NY during the SAFE ACT debacle.

I actually testified to great displeasure of at least one bishop and several anti-gun parishioners.

http://photos.syracuse.com/4456/gal...ting_on_overturning_ny_safe_act/index.html#/0

Thats me up there testifying against gun control.

Last edited:
There is a text alert system setup also several 2a organizations are on this full force. RIFOL, Ri 2a, Ri revolver to name a few. But yes we must show up in numbers. The moms are out and they have the Bloomberg wallet on their side.

There is actually a pro gun rally at the Rotunda at the State House at 3pm, so try to be there early.You can text RIGUNRIGHTS to 88202 to get sms alerts on gun legislation in RI.

Bring bottled water and trail mix. I cant remember when but a few years ago we were there to 1 or 2 in the morning.
I remember 2013 when my luck had it so that I was in the LAST groupd to testify at 0230 in the morning... I think that was a little different since it was right after Newtown and there was a lot of "emotions" at that time. I think it will end around 10-11pm this time, but no later than midnight. Once the clock hits 10pm, the testimonies starts going a lot quicker and a lot of people drop out as well.

I remember 2013 when my luck had it so that I was in the LAST groupd to testify at 0230 in the morning... I think that was a little different since it was right after Newtown and there was a lot of "emotions" at that time. I think it will end around 10-11pm this time, but no later than midnight. Once the clock hits 10pm, the testimonies starts going a lot quicker and a lot of people drop out as well.

After a while the points start repeating themselves, and unless you have something original that hasn't been said before, the panel gets impatient. No sense in annoying them.

Also for anyone testifying, keep it to the facts, short and sweet. Save the war stories for the range on Saturday.

I agree with n1bsbri, stay on the topic for the bill. No reason to list all the gun clubs you belong to and your entire life story..
If you feel you will be repeating testimonies (or are uncomfortable testifying), just state your position on the bills and say everything you were going to say has already been said.

I guess the moms came here hours earlier and cordoned off some seats in front of the officials so it looks like they're a majority.

This must be in their handbook or something. They did the same thing in Boston.

I agree with n1bsbri, stay on the topic for the bill. No reason to list all the gun clubs you belong to and your entire life story..
If you feel you will be repeating testimonies (or are uncomfortable testifying), just state your position on the bills and say everything you were going to say has already been said.

+1 exactly

Back
Top Bottom