Tuesday 3-22-16 RI Judiciary Committee Hearings - We Must Show Up In Force Folks

This is the first year I wasn't able to go. What kind of turn out did we have? How many gun rights supporters were there? Which side is the committee agreeing with?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Left about a half hour ago. MANY pro2A supporters were there. I'd say somewhere in the area of 200-300. Rep. Costa was really nice and spoke very well on our favor as did Reps. Nardolillo and Chippendale.

There were a lot of yellow button wearers and a lot of camaraderie before the hearings started. The RI2AC, NRA, and the other 2A organization did a fantastic job with their compelling presentations.

I'm sure I forgot some other 2A champion, but that's all I can remember for now. I'm surprised there aren't more Rhodies on NES for the amount of people who were there tonight.

Last edited:
I was there for the rally, and for some time during the testimony. I had to leave a while ago.

I was one of the guys going up and down the line passing out the cards for the text messaging system, so I may have briefly talked with many of you. I know I talked to a whole bunch of people.

I was wearing a blue shirt and tie, and have a distinct lack of hair.

I was there for the rally, and for some time during the testimony. I had to leave a while ago.

I was one of the guys going up and down the line passing out the cards for the text messaging system, so I may have briefly talked with many of you. I know I talked to a whole bunch of people.

I was wearing a blue shirt and tie, and have a distinct lack of hair.

I definitely met you. I was the guy with the green camo hat with the NES logo and the S&W zippy sweater. Nice meeting you.

Was there for the rally and put my signatures on the good bills and against the bad bills. Could not stay to testify but did have a very interesting conversation with the pro illegal immigration crowd. They ended up running away as a pro borders immigrant is hard to debate with :)

Was there for the rally and put my signatures on the good bills and against the bad bills. Could not stay to testify but did have a very interesting conversation with the pro illegal immigration crowd. They ended up running away as a pro borders immigrant is hard to debate with :)

I suspect you would be challenging to debate with regardless of the topic. Too bad you couldn't stay to testify, I'm sure you would have made an impression. But I'm glad you were able to make it out for our show of force.

I'm listening to some musician talk about his brothers tragic accident and presidential assassination attempts. What does this have to do with anything?

Absolutely nothing.

Too much stuff to review. He said hundreds of emails that still need to be printed out (????) and over 500 signups that have to be gone through.

- - - Updated - - -

My brother got in a car accident. There was someone who tried to shoot the president. That means you must ban magazines over 10 rounds.

I bet he also came to testify on the marijuana bill.

It looks like all bills were held:

House Bill No. 7093
BY Fellela, Carnevale, Costa, Ucci
ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES -- WEAPONS (Provides for automatic renewal of a gun permit or license.)
{LC3503/1}
01/08/2016 Introduced, referred to House Judiciary
03/16/2016 Scheduled for hearing and/or consideration (03/22/2016)
03/22/2016 Committee recommended measure be held for further study

House Bill No. 7199
BY Regunberg, Carson, Ajello, Handy, Almeida
ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES -- WEAPONS (Criminalizes the manufacture, import, possession, purchase, sale or transfer of any ammunition feeding device capable of accepting more than ten (10) rounds.)
{LC3670/1}
01/15/2016 Introduced, referred to House Judiciary

House Bill No. 7243
BY Ajello, Tanzi, Handy, Amore, Almeida
ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES - WEAPONS (Provides that only peace officers and persons approved by the school authorities for the purposes of educational instruction officers may carry firearms or other weapons on school grounds.)
{LC3675/1}
01/20/2016 Introduced, referred to House Judiciary

House Bill No. 7244
BY Filippi, Carnevale, Casey, Chippendale, Reilly
ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO STATE AFFAIRS AND GOVERNMENT - DEPARTMENT OF ATTORNEY GENERAL - GUN CRIMES REPORT (Directs the attorney general to report annually to the general assembly on the incidence and disposition of crimes involving guns.)
{LC3413/1}
01/20/2016 Introduced, referred to House Judiciary

House Bill No. 7283
BY Amore, Lombardi, Ajello, Regunberg, Blazejewski
ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES - WEAPONS (Prohibits any person convicted of a misdemeanor offense under §12-29-2 (a crime involving domestic violence) from purchasing, owning, transporting, carrying, or possessing any firearm.)
{LC3793/1}
01/21/2016 Introduced, referred to House Judiciary

House Bill No. 7332
BY Casey, Chippendale, Keable, Newberry, Solomon
ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES - WEAPONS (Deletes unnecessary language with regard to the destruction of application records for the purchase of a rifle or shotgun, if an applicant is not otherwise disqualified under any other applicable provision of the general laws.)
{LC3594/1}
01/27/2016 Introduced, referred to House Judiciary

House Bill No. 7390
BY Lima, Carnevale, Corvese, Chippendale, Costa
ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES -- WEAPONS (Requires timely review of any application for a permit to carry a concealed pistol and allows judicial review of adverse administrative decisions regarding such applications. It would also codify applications to the attorney general.)
{LC3882/1}
01/28/2016 Introduced, referred to House Judiciary

House Bill No. 7525
BY MacBeth, McLaughlin, Morin, Messier
ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO WEAPONS (Prohibits students from having knives on their possession while in school.)
{LC4720/1}
02/10/2016 Introduced, referred to House Judiciary
03/11/2016 Scheduled for hearing and/or consideration (03/16/2016)
03/16/2016 Committee recommended measure be held for further study

House Bill No. 7535
(Attorney General)
BY Diaz, Slater, Hull, Maldonado, Abney
ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES - WEAPONS (Criminalizes the mere possession of a firearm by a minor, but would provide for limited exceptions while the minor is in the presence of a qualified adult or participating in certain competitive or ceremonial events.)
{LC4004/1}

House Bill No. 7541
BY Ucci, Chippendale, Nardolillo, Price, Corvese
ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES -- WEAPONS (Allows individuals with concealed carry permits issued by Massachusetts, Connecticut and any other state with a live fire requirement to carry concealed firearms within this state.)
{LC4665/1}

House Bill No. 7575
BY Tanzi, Fogarty, Carson, Ruggiero, Maldonado
ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO CRIMINAL OFFENSES -- WEAPONS--THE PROTECT RHODE ISLAND FAMILIES ACT (Requires the surrender of firearms to law enforcement agencies after conviction of certain domestic violence offenses.)
{LC4631/1}
02/11/2016 Introduced, referred to House Judiciary

House Bill No. 7680
BY Nardolillo, Chippendale, Price, Roberts
ENTITLED, AN ACT RELATING TO STATE AFFAIRS AND GOVERNMENT - SECOND AMENDMENT PRESERVATION ACT (Prohibits the use of state funds, personnel or property in the enforcement of federal firearms laws or regulations.)
{LC4764/1}
02/24/2016 Introduced, referred to House Judiciary

Total Bills: 12

Legislative Data Systems Room 1 3/23/2016
State House, Providence, Rhode Island 10:09 AM

When the bills are held for further study it usually means that they are dead and going nowhere. We need to keep an eye on them because the might try to bring them up late night at the end of the session. Sign up here
http://www.rilin.state.ri.us/billtracker/pages/Login.aspx?pagetype= and add all the bills, you will be notified if they schedule any more hearings or changes for the bills.

When the bills are held for further study it usually means that they are dead and going nowhere. We need to keep an eye on them because the might try to bring them up late night at the end of the session.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

In the wee hours of the morning, when they suspend the rules. Unfortunately there isn't a lot we can do about that, although most years we have a few dedicated souls hanging out at the State House during those dangerous hours. I'm not sure how much they can actually influence when the suspend the rules though.

Honestly I don't think any of these bills are getting out of committee at this point.

Not the good nor the bad.

Correct, they are all "held for further study" at this point. Normally that means they are dead for the session, but any one or more of them could come back in a revised state (SUB A) at the end of the session, usually in the middle of the night. So they are not completely dead, more like zombies. [smile]

So like the "Walking Dead"!

Well that does it. I am going out and buying a Colt Python today and if my wife asks why I spent 2000 bucks on a 357 revolver I will cite the fact that we have zombie bills walking around and the Colt Python is specifically endorsed by Rick Grimes as a proven zombie stopper.

Last edited:
I would LOVE to have a Python! Maybe by the time my kid is out of college there will still be one around...

The Pythons will be around for a long time, but the problem (for people like me and you) is that they (in good condition) cost about 1 semester in College...

The python's are sweet, but you might want to consider a pistol with one of them high-capacity multi-magazine clips while you can still buy them [grin]

Does that mean that they are overkill?

Also, If anyone comes across a Grand pistol, please let me know, I really would like to see one.

It just dawned on me, Jerry plays to much Call of Duty

On a serious note, I would say in general our cause prevailed. Nan Herux naming of all their members did nothing other than to piss off the committee members and the Mom, got scolded multiple times to quiet down and be respectful. Which is a good thing because that show they feed/play on emotion and not facts or logic.
I can't say the same about us which is a good thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom