• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Tubes

Hi All,

I was wondering if many folks still use Radios with tubes in them? I have a tube tester that's just laying around...

Yes tube radios are still popular in small circles however they're not as popular as modern radios. I happen to have several 1960's German AM/FM/Shortwave tube radios as well as a few desktops and a floor model. I'm also looking for a vintage Ham transceiver. If you are considering selling the tube tester let me know I'd consider buying it.

I had my uncles heathkit vtvm when i was kid, tinkering with electronics on my bedroom "bench" in the late 70s. Had a bunch of stuff too. A huge fairchild scope, signal generators etc.
My next door neighbor was a retired ge engineer, ww2 era, and a very active ham. I learned a lot from W1JEP. He had one of the big floor model tube testers!
I was more inerested in breadboarding ttl chips and learning about that world. I made it through 2 years in an BSEE path, and hit the brick wall of math and poor learning and study skill, and weeded out. I slowly moved to Architecture. Today I spend my billable hours in ftont of an autocad screen, from home.
I wish i has all that old equipment.

Back
Top Bottom