TSUSA charging sales tax now...

Lxpony

NES Member
Ordered 5k of. 22lr and was finally charged sales tax. I knew this was coming eventually but sucks nonetheless

What if we drive down and pick it up ourselves...?

090724-M-0000O-000.jpg

images

Last edited:
What if we drive down and pick it up...?

Most of us don't have a CT. permit to purchase ammo.

Can I still buy ammunition over the counter as I did in the past? What about reloading components?
No. Generally, if you are not considered eligible to purchase a firearm in Connecticut you will not be able to purchase ammunition. Effective October 1, 2013, all purchasers of ammunition must now have either a new “ammunition certificate”, a long gun eligibility certificate, a pistol permit, or an eligibility certificate. Ammunition is defined as a complete cartridge including case, projectile, primer, and propellant, therefore reloading components may be still be purchased without being subject to the newly enacted restrictions.

Thanks a lot supreme court.

Protip: you can still drop ship in NH and cut off the tax, but might be painful. And folks like 619dw and SO are often close in price

Regardless of taxes, there's something to be said for having merchandise show up at your doorstep without having to fight traffic to get to a brick-and-mortar store.

There's also something to be said for buying from a company that has the stones to challenge the AG's intimidation of online ammunition vendors.

The Wayfair decision fundamentally changed the concept of nexus for tax purposes. Cash strapped states now have a way to bring in tax revenue in the internet age. It’s not just TSUSA, but it’ll be everyone soon enough.

Ordered 5k of. 22lr and was finally charged sales tax. I knew this was coming eventually but sucks nonetheless
Yup, sucks. Depending on what you bought it would most likely cost you that tax trying to find a shop locally that had 5000 rnd case in stock anyway.
Sadly the days of jumping on the highway and getting to S. NH in hour or so are long gone. So either plan well or get some good friends up there.
I dont see NH going to much longer with out sales tax. ?

Last edited:
I've yet to purchase anything from TS simply because I'd rather support the LGS. That said, so long as my LGS refuse to sell ammo by the case(even at an elevated price) I see some future expenditures heading to TS.

I said the same thing until earlier this year, but TSUSA makes it so easy and much cheaper, even when you factor in their Prime membership. I’ll still pick up a couple boxes of ammo when I go into an LGS though.

Them not throwing money to MA was a big part of why I liked buying from them. Prices are good, free shipping is nice, but Im always looking for ways to not feed the beast if I can help it.

They held out as long as they could.

Ill still buy from them. Beats driving to Hooksett.

Shows up at my door, free shipping and prime discount. Works for me.

Not giving my money to Walmart or Dicks.

Last edited:
Yup, sucks. Depending on what you bought it would most likely cost you that tax trying to find a shop locally that had 5000 rnd case in stock anyway.
Sadly the days of jumping on the highway and getting to S. NH in hour or so are long gone. So either plan well or get some good friends up there.
I dont see NH going to much longer with out sales tax. ?
tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom