• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

TSA to swab airline passengers' hands in search for explosives

I had my hands swabbed 3 weeks ago.

I have nothing more to add other than that I can not make up a good joke about it right now.

They did not swab any others who were going through at the same time as me.

They made me feel special.

Agree. Screening people outside the security area would probably be an even better idea.

And then we will have to screen people waiting to be screened to get to the screening area. Oooh! I know! Let's start searching vehicles on their way to the airport!

/sarcasm (in light of the recent news about MHT)

Coming soon to an airport near you.....TSA will provide a courtesy anal swab for those who may have an explosive suppository

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2010
TSA apologizes for forcing 4-year-old to remove leg braces at airport screening

The Transportation Security Administration concedes that a 4-year-old boy heading to Walt Disney World for a birthday celebration should not have been forced to remove his leg braces during an airport-security screening in Philadelphia, a Philly columnist writes.

The Philadelphia Inquirer's Daniel Rubin writes that the incident occurred last March when Ryan Thomas was flying to Orlando with his parents, Bob and Leona, but that the TSA apologized last week only after the columnist got wind of it.

Rubin says Ryan was born 16 weeks prematurely and started to walk only last March because his ankles are malformed and his legs have low muscle tone.

READ MORE

More lunacy from the TSA.

Rather than primarily sample people who are likely suspects, they've added another layer of burdern for the random sample of folks they collect, including grandmas, toddlers, blonde haired swedes, etc.

It's also another example of jumping into the breech and spending a fortune to address the last event.

Do you think any of these morons or their bosses realize they're being scoped out?

A big bureaucracy hasn't a prayer against a gorilla campaign unless they get REALLY SMART and there's no evidence that is happening here.

The best advice...stay out of big cities and prepare for massive disruptions of services.

Remember, the heads of our homeland security effort unanimously testified an attempted attack in the next few months was CERTAIN!...Their word in response to the question.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom