• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

TSA finds 2nd handgun this year at Portland jetport

A Fairfield man was stopped and questioned Thursday after he brought a loaded handgun to a security checkpoint at the Portland International Jetport, the Transportation Security Administration said. The 9mm pistol was loaded with six rounds and was discovered in a pocket of a backpack when it was sent through an X-ray machine. Police confiscated the gun, detained the man and questioned him, the TSA said in a statement. Portland police said the gun was later returned to him. Bringing a firearm to a TSA checkpoint can lead to criminal charges, and TSA has the power to assess civil fines of up to $13,333 for weapons violations. A first offense carries an average penalty of $4,100, according to the agency.

And yet TSA managed to find a corkscrew in my carry-on bag at Logan a while back. Would have thought we were DB Cooper reincarnated.
Yeah...they managed to find a fingernail clipper in my carry on that I had no idea was there when I was heading out to Missouri two months ago. They made me empty the backpack...two bit bastards.

Last edited:
I got a hand job and intensified screening and I am TSA Pre Check, CDL w/ Haz & Tank, TWIC, Part 107 current, Part 61 non current airman, they ignored the 2 laptops with fully charged batteries, the drone with 3 fully charged lithium Ion batteries,cell phone, cables, etc.. they missed the 4 rounds of spent 22LR, yet were fixated on the 3 bananas in my carry on. Then the TSA-Tard complained when my pants wouldn't stay up after he asked me to loosen my belt ( I go close to 300 pounds, belts are a must, loosen them and it ain't pretty). I should have let out a fart.

One of my recent trips back to Florida had me hauling 15 pounds of frozen marinated steak tips from the Tuckaway Tavern. 15 bags, one pound each, frozen, inside a thermal bag, inside another thermal bag, inside a Milwaukee canvas tool bag. The TSA-Tards were baffled.... off I go to the secondary screening area.... I told the dolt if he unpacked them he was re-packing them exactly as they were before he touched them, and as he was pawing thru them I told him it was my ex wife.

Then there was the time I tried to bring wrenches, ratchets, and motorcycle parts thru Boston... almost missed my flight in that cluster F. Forfeit the 2 grand in tools and parts, or go check the bag and be re-screened..... $35 bucks to check the bag, they were paging me to get to the gate as I cleared TSA the second time.

Then the time my wife was traveling with me, I wanted a small back rest for one of my bikes to come with me. They ignored 2 sets of license plates ( sharp edges improvised weapons) in my bag, gave my wife ( holds a Top clearance, an ATF Explosives license, works on Nuclear missiles) the third degree over the back rest in her carry on.

I have 2 more round trips home between now and the end of April, I can't wait to see what TSA has in store for me.

I swear to G_d, if I ever hit the lottery I will buy a twin engine plane and fly myself the 1200 miles Lawrence to Punta Gorda

This, more than...
Yeah...they managed to find a fingernail clipper in my carry on that I had no idea was there when I was heading out to Missouri two months ago. They made me empty the backpack...two bit bastards.
...that...
Terrible - if you got stranded you might have to subsist on food and water.

View attachment 333644
Yes, a corkscrew can be a deadly weapon. So can nail clippers. Pens. Knitting needles. Plastic knives. Canes. Electrical cords. Belts. Bra underwires. Eyes can be put out with rubber bands. Etc. The list is essentially endless.

People should be shuttled through changing rooms and given disposable paper clothes to wear in-flight and have their personal clothing secured during the flight. It's all about security (theater) after all.

I used to enjoy flying but no more. after being treated like a crim by TSA and treated like cattle by the airlines they can go F themselves.

Lotta Darwins out there.... People just THINK they can board with a gun in their Backpack... This shit hurts the rest of us who travel with our guns.....THE RIGHT WAY!

Back
Top Bottom