• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

TSA and XM193

MaverickNH

NES Member
I did a Defensive Carbine course with OFT this last Sunday - a great 1d class with my review under Training - and tossed all my cloths in the washer when I got home. Traveling on business Monday, I thought I'd be comfy and took my clean 5.11s out of the dryer and put them on with a well worn red plaid flannel shirt to hit the MHT-PHL flight at noon.

I stuffed my wallet in the left cargo after TSA Pre-Check in MHT and pulled it out at the rental car center in PHL. After clearing the gate at Enterprise, I put it back into my pocket and pulled out a Federal American Eagle XM193 round that must have been hidden on the bottom seam of the pocket. Once on I95 from PHL to NJ, I lobbed it out the window into the swamplands.

I might have just gotten a pass by TSA at MHT once I explained it all and they searched my carry-ons. Or they might have swabbed it and given it back after it came back clean from the test machine. Or I might have been up Sh*t Creek.

I think I'll use my metal detector on my travel clothes next time. Yeah, I shouldn't wear 5.11s around (1st guy they shoot and all that) but they have a stretch waist and I'm a few pounds up...

I thought you were going to post that clothing with powder residue had set off the sensors at the security check. I had that happen once (or at least it's the only explanation I could think of at the time.) Unlike your case, there was no physical article that would actually have caused a problem on a careful inspection, though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom