Trying to prove to people on the fence that 7 rds is a bad idea.

My plan is to post police lethal force videos and show people just how many rounds it can take to stop someone from killing you back. To break the Hollywood brain wash. I means these are cops, weapon experts. If "they" need that many rounds, then so should I. Below is a link to a website with multiple police shooting videos. I think I'll focus on cops shooting people with golf clubs and the like to make another point. If a cop shoots a guy with a golf club 12 times to save his own life, I should be able to shoot the same guy when he's crawling through my window.

Videos - POLICE Magazine

Thoughts?

My plan is to post police lethal force videos and show people just how many rounds it can take to stop someone from killing you back. To break the Hollywood brain wash. I means these are cops, weapon experts. If "they" need that many rounds, then so should I. Below is a link to a website with multiple police shooting videos. I think I'll focus on cops shooting people with golf clubs and the like to make another point. If a cop shoots a guy with a golf club 12 times to save his own life, I should be able to shoot the same guy when he's crawling through my window.

Videos - POLICE Magazine

Thoughts?
You need to wait until he is fully in your house before toasting him, then insure all doors are locked so he can't escape and dies inside your home, if you shoot him crawling in and he falls outside, well, get used to your roommate "broom handle ".

It's really simple. You need to educate them. There is a long discussion to have about ammo and mags, but I don't have the time right now.

TL;DR version:

1. Did you read about the woman in Georgia who shot the home invader 5 times and he kept coming? She had a revolver and ran out of bullets. The bad guy got into his car and drove away. 6 is not enough.

2. What if you are assaulted by multiple aggressors, which is often the case where women are defending themselves? Should they only be able to stop the first rapist? The first two?

You never know what the situation will be. In saying you should only have 7 rounds, you are assuming that a specific encounter (1 assailant) will occur, and that you will be able to stop them with one or two shots, if that becomes necessary.

Personal defense should be about being prepared for any foreseeable situation, not minimally appeasing your desire to carry a gun while making it impossible for you to actually protect yourself in a real-world scenario.

By this same logic, all SUVs should be illegal because they make you safer while explicitly putting other motorists at greater risk. We are equally safe only if we all drive the same vehicles.

ETA: yes, this is the TL;DR version.

Someone posted a link to this .pdf the other day. It explains why the patrol rifle is "the right tool for the job."

http://www.mlefiaa.org/files/MPTC_NEWS/Patrol_Rifle_Student_Manual_2010.pdf

If it's the right tool for THEIR job, then it's the right tool for ANY law-abiding citizen.

I do think it's funny that they mention "ammunition selection" in this document, but never actually discuss what ammunition they use when the SHTF. FMJ is mentioned for training.

I've found that many of the newer license holders are the ones I am explaining to. I've had more than a few give me the, " I can see a ban on thirty rounders".

After I explain that we were dropped to ten rounds years ago, and now they want seven, and that next it will be five; they see the bigger picture.

The moon bats aren't worth the argument, my blood pressure can't take it.

Back
Top Bottom