Trying to ID my Mosin....

Hey folks,

I am trying to ID my Mosin based on the stamps. There is a hammer & sickle in a laurel wreath at the front of the receiver which seems indicative of a Hungarian rifle (missing the star above the hammer & sickle). There is also a triangular mark with an arrow pointing to the muzzle which indicates it might be a Romanian stamp. Here's the best macro I can get... It seems it is a 1943 (Cyrillic character after the year) to ID.

I am just trying to help narrow down the vintage of this rifle.

-gary-

DSCN1067a.jpg

Last edited:
43 izzy , some of the other stuff are reworking marks .
mysuqa6a.jpg

It looks like a 1943 Izhevsk, there is one other stamp but it's shallow and hard to tell, it looks like a 0 (zero) inside a diamond, but I can't be sure. It's hard to see, even off-camera. Nice find Ben!

It looks like a 1943 Izhevsk, there is one other stamp but it's shallow and hard to tell, it looks like a 0 (zero) inside a diamond, but I can't be sure. It's hard to see, even off-camera. Nice find Ben!

1 min on 62x54r.net

They have pages for all the different markings etc . Barrel , bolt markings. Explains the different receivers so on and so forth .

Where's my rep lol jk

Reps inbound! The trouble is the receiver markings are hard to see, hence why I posted. Where are my reps for making you prove your muscle Ben? LOL j/k

Back
Top Bottom