• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Truth In Politics: Gun Sales Boom After Election

Right. Your person, the very first property that you are endowed with, could be ordered to be physically moved into an interment camp. What's stopping them from taking other property, like guns, if they can take your body? EO can mandate the confiscation of property. It's happened before. Roosevelt (yuck, I hate referencing this dictator), ordered people to surrender there gold coins and gold bullion. He also ordered first-, second-, and third-generation Japanese Americans from the West Coast to be put into interment camps. So why can't they do it with guns? I bet a couple of knucklehead Congress critters might egg Dear Leader on. What makes you so sure that "the majority of Americans are (not) ready to accept a dictator?" Look at who was just elected into the nation's highest office!
Cannot argue with you...given our current political environment, anything is possible...as farfetched as it may sound. The only thing I, (as an individual) can say, is that I will never be subject to a dictator, will never relinquish my firearms, and will NEVER buy into the current trend of "our Constitution is outmoded and outdated". My statement is made not only as an individual, but also as a retired CW3. I took my oath seriously, and always tried to honor it. I cannot buy into seeing our rights frittered away and our Constitution trashed due to group(s) of people who have no idea of what it truly is they are trashing.

Cannot argue with you...given our current political environment, anything is possible...as farfetched as it may sound. The only thing I, (as an individual) can say, is that I will never be subject to a dictator, will never relinquish my firearms, and will NEVER buy into the current trend of "our Constitution is outmoded and outdated". My statement is made not only as an individual, but also as a retired CW3. I took my oath seriously, and always tried to honor it. I cannot buy into seeing our rights frittered away and our Constitution trashed due to group(s) of people who have no idea of what it truly is they are trashing.

Trust me! I'm certainly not endorsing confiscation via Executive Order. I loathe Executive Orders any variety. But especially those that require the surrender of lawfully owned property (body, home, gold, guns, etc.)

I know it's far-fetched. But we're not exactly going to another day at the office. We're in uncharted waters. Our monetary base has increased 75% in the last two months. We have elected Dear Leader who is demonstrably anti-Constitution. We are currently in two endless wars abroad. And the world is about to remove the American dollar as the de facto world currency. Hell, I bet crude is traded in Euros before mid-2009! And 20,000 troops are going to be deployed to the United States (and I believe some of them already have been).

OK, enough. I think I need to take a break.

Trust me! I'm certainly not endorsing confiscation via Executive Order. I loathe Executive Orders any variety. But especially those that require the surrender of lawfully owned property (body, home, gold, guns, etc.)

I know it's far-fetched. But we're not exactly going to another day at the office. We're in uncharted waters. Our monetary base has increased 75% in the last two months. We have elected Dear Leader who is demonstrably anti-Constitution. We are currently in two endless wars abroad. And the world is about to remove the American dollar as the de facto world currency. Hell, I bet crude is traded in Euros before mid-2009! And 20,000 troops are going to be deployed to the United States (and I believe some of them already have been).

OK, enough. I think I need to take a break.

Understood. Wait and watch seems to be what is needed. [wink]

Because he doesn't have that power.

It only a few short years ago that it was "obvious" that there was no such thing as a "secret trial" in the US (federal courts now have "secret dockets"), and that a citizen could not be arrested on US soil and jailed without charges, access to lawyer or a trial for years.

It only a few short years ago that it was "obvious" that there was no such thing as a "secret trial" in the US (federal courts now have "secret dockets"), and that a citizen could not be arrested on US soil and jailed without charges, access to lawyer or a trial for years.

Stop using facts to further a point. This is a discouraged practice here.

You're high dude. EOs can only be applied to a very limited set of things and gun control ain't one of them.

No, I'm not.

Yes you are! you're a libertarian, therefore automatically a pot-smoking anarchist!...Just ask my mother-in-law[smile]

Why can't he? Can you detail further?

If use of the EO by the Bush regime is any indication, we're in for a wallop under Dear Leader's regime.

Google: United States Executive Order 9066.

The supreme court overturned the internment order. That case-law is already existent. Furthermore, there isn't even a plausible argument that could be made to justify such an action. The internment was done amidst hysteria which made the post 9/11 stuff pale in comparison. That ain't gonna happen when so many tens of millions of Americans own guns.

A full-on confiscation would result in the kind of civil disorder we haven't seen since 1865. Everyone knows that. The way the antis will approach this is incrementalism. Taxes on ammo, registration laws, taxes on guns, etc, etc, etc until using your gun is made almost impossible.

We're in the unfortunate position of only having just got our LTCs. (Have I mentioned lately how incredibly this state sucks)? We've got 3 handguns and 2 evil scary black KILLER RAMPAGING assault weapons. We're not stocking up on guns at this point, we're stocking up on ammo, powder, bullets and primers. Meanwhile, I have two friends in Quebec that....I'm not saying any more.

I'm well aware of what an executive order is. I'm also well aware that executive power has limitations imposed on it by the other two branches of our government.

Your assertion is, at best, very far fetched.

Just another thought... There might be an outside chance that, in the flurry of forthcoming legislation related to bailing out the economy, there might be some attempt at a gun-related rider or two. I think it would be politically unwise to try it, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Yes you are! you're a libertarian, therefore automatically a pot-smoking anarchist!...Just ask my mother-in-law[smile]

I've been called that quite a few times. Ironically, I think I saw an actual marijuana cigarette once or twice.

To clarify, I'm an ideological anarchist, but a practical minarchist.

The supreme court overturned the internment order. That case-law is already existent. Furthermore, there isn't even a plausible argument that could be made to justify such an action. The internment was done amidst hysteria which made the post 9/11 stuff pale in comparison. That ain't gonna happen when so many tens of millions of Americans own guns.

A full-on confiscation would result in the kind of civil disorder we haven't seen since 1865. Everyone knows that. The way the antis will approach this is incrementalism. Taxes on ammo, registration laws, taxes on guns, etc, etc, etc until using your gun is made almost impossible.

We're in the unfortunate position of only having just got our LTCs. (Have I mentioned lately how incredibly this state sucks)? We've got 3 handguns and 2 evil scary black KILLER RAMPAGING assault weapons. We're not stocking up on guns at this point, we're stocking up on ammo, powder, bullets and primers. Meanwhile, I have two friends in Quebec that....I'm not saying any more.

Yes, I'm aware of the SCOTUS ruling. But, chronologically, this came after the actual Executive Order to uproot American citizens of Japanese, German and Italian ancestry (some of them two or three generations removed from the first-generation) and place them into American detention facilities.

And through EO, the government has confiscated gold coins. Millions of American households held gold bullions and gold coins prior to 1933.

So if the government, via decree, can summon the police state to remove your body from your house and place it into a detention facility, if they can make you carry a gun a fight a war on their behalf, if they can order you to surrender your physical property, like your house or gold and give it to another private party, they can certainly order you to give up your guns.

While this is a possibility, it's not a likely one. And I agree with your thoughts on "death by a thousand cuts". I commented on this in another thread:

1. BATFE raises FFL fees to prohibitive levels or closes them down due to innocuous errors (e.g. "County" fields populated with "United States" as opposed to "Middlesex" or "Suffolk" or "Norfolk".)
2. Prohibitive taxes levied on ammunition and firearms (500%+).
3. National discretionary laws for licensees. In other words, no more "shall issue", everything is "may issue". Expand list of disqualifying criteria to include more mental or physical disorders (e.g. parking tickets).
4. Reducing life of licenses from (four, six years) to 1 year to 6 months.
5. Requiring prohibitive registration processes or additional fees.
6. Continue to sue firearm and ammunition manufacturers and importers.
7. Renew and expand the Federal AWB to include semi-automatic units.

BTW, they're not "assault weapons". It's an imaginary term invented by the gun-grabbers. You have semi-automatic rifles. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom