• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trump - we need to stop people on no fly list from buying guns

I dunno, this one's tough. I love Trump and am a hardened gun guy, but I can't help think this might make a little bit of sense. There's a reason those people are on the "list", they are scumbags. So, why not keep scumbags away from guns?

I dunno, this one's tough. I love Trump and am a hardened gun guy, but I can't help think this might make a little bit of sense. There's a reason those people are on the "list", they are scumbags. So, why not keep scumbags away from guns?

So you think it's cool that the .gov should be able to prohibit people (particularly US citizens) from buying guns without due process of law?

That's basically what you're suggesting...

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Trump's stupidity is far less dangerous than the lady w the broom.

It is, but if he really has this viewpoint he is in lockstep with Obama and Hitlery on this.

-Mike

Got due process? If they have enough evidence, bring charges; otherwise, don't infringe.

I agree Ted Kennedy was a scumbag but only dangerous with his car. I have a couple friends who are on the no fly list because they have the same name as someone on the list (they are Jr and Sr)
Is you name so uncommon that there is no one else in the country with it, i.e. John Smith? I did a google search on my name and I am the only one out there.

I could see a list where you go to court and are adjudicated to be a danger, but a secret list? How long before they dump the NRA membership or Goal membership lists onto the no fly list?

Also how about the multiple babies under the age of 3 who are on it? They can't even lift an AR. If it goes through I am going to start calling the FBI with the names of all the libs I know who are anti-gun and say I heard them talking jihad and they will automatically go on it. Maybe I will add a few people from here as well [rofl]

The list is too sweeping, unlike the FBI Terror Watch List which is at least a lot smaller and harder to get on

So you think it's cool that the .gov should be able to prohibit people (particularly US citizens) from buying guns without due process of law?

That's basically what you're suggesting...

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

It is, but if he really has this viewpoint he is in lockstep with Obama and Hitlery on this.

-Mike

I must admit I am not totally familiar with the lists. In my job, I have to check .gov lists for PROHIBITED PARTIES all the time...so I guess maybe that's what I was being influenced by....

Please tell me exactly what "reasons" it takes to get on the list. I want them quoted exactly. I think i'll be waiting a long time.

12 year old kids have been on the list

Common sense gun laws, its for the children. Unless your child is on the no fly list, then you are screwed.

7 MONTH old
18 MONTH old
4 year old
14 year old

I must admit I am not totally familiar with the lists. In my job, I have to check .gov lists for PROHIBITED PARTIES all the time...so I guess maybe that's what I was being influenced by....

Do the research before agreeing with such a dangerous proposal.

Well at least now you know. Too bad Trump stuck his foot in his mouth.

Really reaching for this one, but did he stick his foot in his mouth?

This could be an interesting ploy to get some swing voters that are anti or pro "common sense" shit to see that he is flexible.

[i'm not saying i am for this, just trying to look at it from another angle for the sake of conversation]

I can't find it at the moment, but Google was surreptitiously warning users who they'd received an NSL against by forcing them to repeatedly agree to the ToS for every login. The same super-secret "you aren't allowed to know if you're on the list" list that they've proposed using to ban gun sales every time we've had a shooting, since the day NSLs started being issued.

I know my account did that during the period they specified.

You going to ban me from buying guns?

Waiting for Trump boners to come in here and defend this. Should be fun.

This is where I part ways with Trump. Trump is gung-ho for state-sanctioned torture and the national security state. I am not.

However, it's childish to expect your candidate's position to be 100% congruent with yours.

So enjoy the yuks as you prepare to vote for Hillary.

You have no idea what it takes to get on that list do you?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/743078235408195584

Trump is showing his true colors.

Seriously.

Fix the list and sprinkle it with some Due Process and an easy and quick appeal process for people mistakenly listed and maybe it makes a little sense.

Trump/Hillary. All I know is no matter who wins in November we'll have the worst president in US history (maybe 2nd worst, knocking the Kenyan from the top spot will be hard).

Seriously.

Fix the list and sprinkle it with some Due Process and an easy and quick appeal process for people mistakenly listed and maybe it makes a little sense.

Trump/Hillary. All I know is no matter who wins in November we'll have the worst president in US history (maybe 2nd worst, knocking the Kenyan from the top spot will be hard).
There's also LBJ and FDR. But yes, the two top dogs are poised to make top five worst in any case.

With transparency and due process I'd be a little more sympathetic.

But it still becomes an Enemies-Of-The-State list as soon as the wrong administration gets control of it.

I agree with the theory. However, I believe it could easily be corrupted (good guys getting screwed). I think that if your are in fact under scrutiny(no fly list etc) you need to be officially notified and then proceedings need to be run through a court and the burden of proof needs to be on the Gov. I.E. you are still "free" unless found to be a security risk through a clear judicial process and there also needs to be a clear appeal policy. In actuality it would probably still become a complete shit show.

Back
Top Bottom