• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Trump wants to interpret the Constitution the way the Founding Fathers did. Not cool.

So says the HuffPo https://twitter.com/HuffPostPol/status/789023617703182336 I figured this was deserving of it's own thread, not the dumpster thread

Actually that is a misinterpretation.

What Trump was stating is that the Federal Govt only has those powers specifically enumerated and defined to them, everything else belongs to the State.

The comments about slavery, etc, do not apply because these rights have since been added.

Long and short, Supreme Court should not legislate from the Bench. A law is Constitutional or Unconstitutional and if not a Federal Law duly ratified, reverts back to the State

Actually that is a misinterpretation.

What Trump was stating is that the Federal Govt only has those powers specifically enumerated and defined to them, everything else belongs to the State.

The comments about slavery, etc, do not apply because these rights have since been added.

Long and short, Supreme Court should not legislate from the Bench. A law is Constitutional or Unconstitutional and if not a Federal Law duly ratified, reverts back to the State

Exactly right. This is why Roe v. Wade is wrong. My objections to it have nothing to do with abortion and entirely to do with legislation by the judiciary.

The best thing from the comments :

VoteHillary.jpg

sure he does. I mean he said it so that must be what he really believes. The founders would have loved eminent domain abuses and stop and frisk.

They were actually pretty cool with eminent domain, so long as just compensation was paid; see: Fifth Amendment. Stop and Frisk is a different story, though.

Back
Top Bottom